arguement with fence

· 4 · 1277

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
arguement with fence
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »
Looking for someone with knowledge about patching paintwork..  :-\  Hillside has got rather boggy overnight and took my sleepy self by surprise this morning as we plunged into the fence...oopsie Damage is fairly minimal couple of deep scratches and a few lighter ones..fence took more of a hit but I couldn't care about that coz it's frankly in my way. So, best way to patch the paint?

Cheers  :)

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
Re: arguement with fence
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »
if its not down to bare metal - proper touch up pen - one layer at a time
build up until slightly proud of surrounding paint and then t cut and polish
usually takes a few weeks - patience is key
with effort and patience ( again ) will look as good as new  8)

no quick fix - hard work and patience - learn to watch where you are going - lesson learned the hard way  :o
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
Thanks, will source out someone who knows what to do and get what I need, the downside is I don't have a garage and hello rubbish weather  :-\  Driving up there would be much less hazardous without the random gate posts and badly placed pointless fences that block our access...deep breath only 2 more months  :D

lurch032003

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
Hi depending how deep or if a large area

Wet and dry area till all area is smooth and if its scratch down  deep to metal it will need filled and sanded down to meet surrounding surface
Mask of around area and prime than do a wet dry in between coats 2/3 times
Then do top coat and wet and dry between coats till 3 coat and depending on Finnish you wish and if you want a perfect to clise as match and there isn't a clear acrylic or similar coat on rest wait 48hrs min and t- cut in with surrounding paint
If it has a clear to coat then whole panel needs to be done to get a match close to rest of paint job.
If just surface scratch as previous post use the pen but slow build up till it is proud and then t- cut in .
Hope this helps ps yes weather a factor at this time of year so beg borrow a garage or gazebo to protect surface and pray for dry warm weather .
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:06:14 PM by lurch032003 »