For Sale: 1968 SWB Hartop Series 2a, possibly a 1966 Trials/Comp Series 2a too.

· 4 · 1069

lreay

For Sale: 1968 SWB Hardtop Series 2a, possibly also a 1966 Truck cab SWB Series 2a too.

1968 SWB hardtop Land Rover Series 2a for sale
==============================

MOT: 19/10/2013
TAX: 30/11/2013 (Tax Free)
Bronze green(ish)
3 bearing 2.25 diesel (Original starter included, currently sporting a later defender starter)
Parabolic Springs
Pro Comp shocks
Front recovery/towing eyes
Heavy duty steering bars
Snorkel with modified oil bath air filter and engine breathers (Original breathers and oil bath filter include in the sale too)
Front and Rear diff guards
Rear recovery 3.5t jaw
Dog/load guard
Silver modulars with 205/16 diamond tyres
Various new parts, recent new fuel tank, 2 new brake pack plates, wheel cylinders

Sad sale of my series 2a, although MOT'd and on the road the engine is consuming some oil and isn't so healthy so probably time for a rebore and rebuild. It has a later starter and modified oil bath air filter for the snorkel but I have the originals that will be included in the sale. (I also have a later 5 bearing diesel engine that is included in the sale too). Most of the panels have marks and damage and paint most recently has been touched up by roller and brush, just to make it green again bulkhead and front panel in good condition. The chassis was very heavily patched prior to me buying it 8 years ago, it’s had a few patches since and probably needs replacing at some point although I've said that for the last 8 years.

Price: £1050

1966 88" Series 2a trials/comp motor
=======================
I bought it as a non runner a while ago and progress has been slow but the chassis has now been overhauled and is now rot free and painted in 2 pack epoxy (new rear cross member, new gearbox cross member, bell housing cross member repaired with 6mm reinforced bottom, front dumb irons, over plated for strength around suspension sections of chassis, new front cage and bars (its a chassis with engine and gearbox fitted), good body panels, very good front panel, polybushed, parabolics, procomp shocks, s/s fuel tank, reinforced axles (rear has tomcat diff pan), 2.25 petrol engine with new rings and shells and reconditioned head with SU carb (needs a tune up and possibly the spindle seals replaced, bucket seats/harnesses, a little welding still required on bulkhead then just to paint (tin of Olive Drab included) and assemble.

Price: £1400

If you want both then I have a few new spares parts which I will throw in and other spares including panels (front panel/doors/bonnets/tail gate) as that will be both my series away :'( . If I sell these I'll be on the look out for a coil sprung CCV/Comp motor.

Located in Fife near Cupar, drop me a PM if interested.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:54:41 PM by lreay »

lreay

Some photos of the 1968.

Some older photos of the 1966, work in progress, although not much further forward than this just now.

Slideshow of images can be found here http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/ljr_s2a/slideshow/

lreay

Updated description and prices above.