200tdi Discovery For Sale MOT & Tax - £700

· 8 · 1478

blackboilersuit

200tdi Discovery For Sale MOT & Tax - £700
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:27:39 PM »
Selling my 200tdi disco. Buying a car from a friend as I need to have a car for my new job so the disco has to go. 

I bought the Disco at the end of 2010 with 173,000 miles on the clock (currently 190,000). It had a new valeo clutch and timing belt fitted straight away. In the early part of 2011 it had the following welding carried out. Rear body cross member and body mounts, inner/outer sills, bottom of pillars and body mounts on both sides,  both rear wheel arches, boot floor and cross members  front passenger foot well both inner wings, both battery trays, both headlight boxes and both front body mounts, chassis (around the fuel tank), spare wheel carrier. Everything underneath heavily under sealed. Went through 15kg of welding wire in 5 months! Basically it's ALL been done. Replacement parts during my ownership include. Battery, Clutch (Valeo), Timing belt, Headlights, Disks/pads (Mintex), Front callipers, 2x Prop u/j’s (GKN), Brake pipes (if it was still original then I replaced it), , Springs (HD britpart yellow springs), Dampers (Boge), Track rod ends (QH), New alternator, Recon starter, Steering shaft and both u/j’s, Heater motor – common fail on 200tdi, a £100 part and dash out job to fix., A frame ball joint (Delphi), Fuel lift pump (Delphi), Exhaust middle & rear silencers.

Front bumper 300tdi centre section with all rot cut out and fresh steel welded in, fitted with cut down 200tdi end caps and no valance. Front 55w spot lamps wired (via a relay) to come on with main beam. Headlamps rewired to use relays instead of straight through the lights witch. 2x 55w rear work lamps. Gutter mounted and wired (via a relay) to a switch on the dashboard). CD player with 4 speakers. Tow bar fitted with single electrics. Roof rack. Rubber mats throughout including the boot. Original Landrover waterproof seat covers fitted. Upholstery in good clean condition. Steel filler neck replaced with plastic one from 300tdi. Centre consol modded with cubby box from 300tdi centre consol. Dickie seats/belts removed and now fitted with storage pockets from a 5 seat model.

Also comes with a pair of rock sliders that need painting before fitting and two extra spare disco steel wheels with (just) legal tread on them. A few new parts like U/J's and filters will also be included in the sale.

TAX till end of May and MOT till August. Asking £700 because tax is short but no silly offers please as this is a very solid car.

I am in Hamilton.

PM me on here or e-mail me at sdwebmail [AT] yahoo {d.o.t.} co (dot) UK

I'm working 12 hr shifts just now but will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks Stewart

rover51

• rover51
Re: 200tdi Discovery For Sale MOT & Tax - £700
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
If someone wanted to buy my 110 I'd be tempted to buy this from you !
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

LBART

• Name: lee bartlett
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »

A will give you £700 for your 110  ;)
TeamBart
Cross Country Motorsport

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »

A will give you £700 for your 110  ;)

I'm sure you could do a little better than that Lee lol  :o ;)
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

jumplead

• MM3JZB. . MSA SCRUTINEER, lowbox 21
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »
is it still for sale and whare is the disco need 2 white ones for quarry work til 07756757124  or text jonny

blackboilersuit

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »
Disco now provisionally sold pending delivery and payment at the weekend. Thanks to all of those who expressed an interest.
Regards
Stewart

blackboilersuit

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
Car is now back up for sale. I have been messed about badly by Jonnys boss and the sale is not going through this weekend. Just a pity that he didn't have the decency to tell me during the week before I arranged to transfer the insurance onto another car as of midnight tonight. Insurance office is now closed so I can't stop the change going through. Disco will now have to be parked off road till I can get some temp insurance cover on it............................OK rant over.

I should point out that Jonny is just as mad at his boss as I am an that this situation has nothing to do with him.

I'll let it go for £650 to anybody that can pick it up from Hamilton in the coming week.

cheers

Stewart

blackboilersuit

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:53 PM »
Now SOLD.