WANTED - 200Tdi Starter Motor

· 6 · 668

bob

WANTED - 200Tdi Starter Motor
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
Afternoon All,

I'm looking for a starter motor for a 200tdi. (Disco or Defender)

Thanks

Bob

scruff110

• landys for life not for xmass
  • Name: stewart mathieson
Re: WANTED - 200Tdi Starter Motor
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »
the 300tdi is the same likes    how much u wanttin too pay for one

elegia

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04:34 AM »
I've got one that I removed from my 200 (defender). It could probably do with an open up, clean & lubricate.

Last year it was making that "crunchy" noise on start-up (the bendix - I think that what it's called-  was sticking and not throwing the wheel forward that engages the engine). I took it out and squirted some oil through the gap at the top. It worked for a few months after that. I replaced it just before winter to save any winter start problems.

Yours for free (with no guarantee) if you want it. I'm based in Aberfoyle or if you can wait until the w/e I'll be in Twechar.

Jamie

bob

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
Last year it was making that "crunchy" noise on start-up (the bendix - I think that what it's called-  was sticking and not throwing the wheel forward that engages the engine). I took it out and squirted some oil through the gap at the top. It worked for a few months after that. I replaced it just before winter to save any winter start problems.

Yours for free (with no guarantee) if you want it. I'm based in Aberfoyle or if you can wait until the w/e I'll be in Twechar.

Jamie
Eveining Jamie,

Can you confirm its a Pre Engaged starter i.e there a small cylinder on the side of the main starter body.
If so, yes please!

Bob

elegia

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »

[/quote]
Eveining Jamie,

Can you confirm its a Pre Engaged starter i.e there a small cylinder on the side of the main starter body.
If so, yes please!

Bob
[/quote]

Hi Bob,

Aye that's the one.

Jamie

bob

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »

Hi Bob,

Aye that's the one.

Jamie