Help please with immobiliser

· 9 · 1500

Alan Mc

Help please with immobiliser
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »
Have a 2000 Disco 2 and occasionally, the fob doesn't work on unlock which is easily overcome by using the key to open the door (with alarm sounding) and then pop key in the ignition.  Alarm then stops sounding and it's good to drive.  Same sort of problem this evening with exception of the key in the ignition not stopping the alarm and the vehicle still immobilised.  Oh, and it's currently sitting in the short stay car park at Edinburgh Airport - lucky me....

Any suggestions as to how I bypass the immobiliser to allow me to drive it home?

Thanks in advance, Alan.

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Re: Help please with immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
Alan, have you got the handbook? Seem to remember there was some way of doing this, like turning the key in the door lock 3 times to the left, or something like that.
anyone got a D2 hadnbook handy?
Alan

piper5

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
to bypass the imobiliser you need the EKA code supplied with the car when new something like  245
you put the key in and turn 2 then 4 then 5 times to certain positions. the code may be inyour handbook on a small credit card. landrover will give you the code with proof of ownership and identity

Alan Mc

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
Thanks guys for the advice.

Bobby from GEMM got me the code and checked out how to do it via a manual online.  Fingers crossed all works to plan.....

Alan - planning to be at Callander next Saturday for the Tyro.  Take it you'll be competing!?

Alan.

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »
with hawkeye or nano you can turn the feature to allways disarm with keys then it wont happen again

Kmac

• Name: Kenny Macrae
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
I have had the same fault a couple of times. The first time it was the RF module and I used the key access code and replaced the RF module. The second time it would not work with the key access code so I was stuck in a car park. When I towed the car out of the car park and parked it about 300 yards down the road it started working again. In the car park area there was a radio mast and this was affecting the RF module and causing the fault. If your access code does not work trying towing it well away from the car park.

Hope this helps

Kenny

If your going to be a Bear...be a GRIZZLY!

piper5

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »
as kenny says i have had that too it was a dodgy wireless doorbell that caused mine , the rf module in the roof has been modded to prevent this, costs about 30 quid, if you have sunroofs pull the surrounds off and you will get in , if you dont have sunroofs take the middle interior light out and you can get. your hand up , its a pig but do- able

Alan Mc

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
Thanks all again.  The problem appears to be in the car as, following the entry of the code using key turns (and feeling like an extra in a Bond movie), started fine and drove it home.  Left it unlocked but regardless, immobilised again.  Think I'll go for bypassing it or getting it to respond to a key turn in the ignition to disarm.. Has to be said, pain in the a**e.

Alan.

Ripped007

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
I had the same problem last night. Although the light on the remote was lighting up the battery was needing replaced. Bought a two pack of 2032 batteries from Tesco for £4 and it is working great again.

Bob