Building a comp safari

· 5 · 2600

m333rcr

• Name: Alistair Mercer
Building a comp safari
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
hi all

I have started looking in to the space frame options . I was really just looking for some advice and personal experience at the moment . i have been looking at the one from qt services problem is its flat pack and dont fancy welding it . this the type of look i am wanting really though. or do i try and go down the root and try to find a part build one . but that takes half the fun out of it.  :)

any feed back would be appreciated .

cheers

hunter

Re: Building a comp safari
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
I would recommend self build there is nothing better than competing in a car that you have built yourself  8)
Here is the ingredients
1 disco
4 lengths of 2inch poles
4 lengths of inch box section
2 lengths of inch angle
4 sheets of aluminium

and build  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:07:59 PM by hunter »

m333rcr

• Name: Alistair Mercer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
Thanks .

I know . it has to be built not bought. I am not bad at welding but would just be concerned that it wouldnt live up to the required standard but i am  being paranoid.  There would be plenty pipe bending to be done . I have had a look at the alrc specification

cheers

alistair

Sandy M

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
PM sent   :-[.

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
You can get a caged chassis from a number of sources.... but note that a full space-frame (QT Wildcat, Warrior, Milner, LRM 1, etc...) are ALRC compliant!

For your first car, I'd recommend you buy a second-hand one, then work out what you like & don't like... before building your own..