Experience 4x4 Inverness (ish)

· 2 · 1283

cozzie

• Scottish Traction Engine Society
  • Name: Colin Lowson
Experience 4x4 Inverness (ish)
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »
Has anyone visited the experience4x4 site near Inverness?

How was it?
ex-RM Navy Defender 110 300Tdi Hard Top

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
Re: Experience 4x4 Inverness (ish)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
 i was up at experience 4x4 in feb this year , (was booked to go skiing but no snow  :( ) its a very small site 40 /50 acres it has a track set around the outside with man made obstacls to drive inc a see saw. the drive round should take about 30 min if you have a wee play on the way . the centre of the site is more extreme, so thay say,
it has deep mud and a couple of rock climbs.  i was there myself so i was told i should stay out of  (THE BOMB HOLE ) if i wanted to drive my car home , i had driven through it twice before i found out where it was.   thay do a half day  from 2pm i think, which was all i needed to go round the site a couple of times and play in the mud for a bit. its an ok site  a bit small  thay have a wee cafe u can use even if you bring your own food, but i would not travel a long distance to visit it. if you are driving from fort william on A82  the drive from fort augustus over the hills on the B862 is a nice single track road over looking parts of lochness , its on the same side of loch as experience 4x4 . hope this helps shug...