another newby saying hello

· 6 · 1347

graeme1mckay

• Name: graeme mckay
another newby saying hello
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »
Hello everybody. Very recent new member looking to start playing in the mud. I've previously owned a 110 n/a which I drove through big puddles. I then had a 200tdi 110 which I used  in the old lathallan quarry but since I was clueless and it was my only car I broke.  I since had 2 300tdi discos and wanted to play but as they were old and my only transport I didn't. I now have a disco 2 bog standard. I want to play. What's the best way to start? It's still my only transport so nothing too serious.

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
Re: another newby saying hello
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Hi Graeme,

Have a look at the posts about "Green Road Runs". They are low key and non-damaging. You will be able to set a benchmark for your interests by going on a couple, and will also meet people and their vehicles who can tell you a lot more.
Navigator          GM1VBE

Alan Mc

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »
Welcome Graeme.  I'd agree, Have a look for Green Road Runs or Driving Days.  You could always just pitch up at any other event for a look around also.  I have a D2 myself and have done some mild mods so it's more capabale off road (coil conversion, 2" lift, ATs).  Look forward to catching you at an event soon.  Alan (McKay!).

graeme1mckay

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
Ta for the help. Will look out trot the next grr

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
Hi Graeme

Welcome  ;D  Friendly bunch here and GRR's are a great place to start...my Landy is my only vehicle so totally understand the "trying to have fun but not break anything..too badly" viewpoint!!! I'm hoping to go to the next GRR on 28th so will see you there if you can make it along  :)

graeme1mckay

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
I'm doing a Halloween thing that weekend but will hopefully be along to the next one