G reg disco

· 7 · 1718

bertracoon1616

G reg disco
« on: August 01, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »
Hi guys

I have in my poession a 3 door 3.5 v8 discovery on a Greg plate.

Now im in a predicament because to be honest it has seen much better days, both the sills are rotten through and the rear cross member needs done although (last time i checked) the boot floor was surprisingly solid!

It isnt 100% standard, it is running on SU's as the strombergs that came with it were shot, although i still have them and the interior is pretty tatty, also there is no plastic on the front bumpers but i do still have what came off it.

It does start and actually runs not too badly, will still spin all 4 if you put your foot down.

My predicament is, that i have an offer from a mate who wants to buy it and use it as a donor for a 90 conversion but i have read quite recently that the G reg discos are becoming increasingly rare and getting to the stage that people are looking for them to restore. I dont think it is past the point of no return but it would certainly be a big job to get it back to nice condition. To be honest i would feel a bit guilty seeing it get ripped to shreds.

It still has several origional wee things like the zip pocket behind the passenger seats and even still has the snap on roof rails!

So can anyone offer me any advice on what to do with it?

It currently sitting ion parents drive way rotting away.

Cheers

Ally
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!

georgew

Re: G reg disco
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:47:24 AM »
Personally i would take the offer and get it away to your friend, if the offer is as good as you will get in cash breaking it.
If you parents are fine with you continuing to have it sit there or you have alternative storage, then hold onto it if thats what you want to do.

Have you tried to get in contact with anyone that is renovating 'increasingly rare' G reg Discos, to see what interest there might be in yours?
VIA Forums or clubs that have people showing or doing 'rebuilds'.

Have you tried a 'for sale' anyplace to see what interest it generates?

george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

team yorkshire

• Name: james barker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
Hi if the last three letters on the reg are "wac" send a meesage and i will give you more info Jim.

georgew

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

rangerovering

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
G WAC's are indeed the special ones, yours is slightly special in its own right though there aren't many decent early ones complete anymore. Unless its a very good offer I would try your luck on eBay first.

Ever do anything with the 3.9?
Steve

bertracoon1616

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
No its ABW, its not a massive amount, tbh its probably really cheap. Mates rates and all but its more the pont that i feel guilty sending it to its demise! Id rather see it get a bit of restoration, if i had somewhere to keep it i would but its just rusting away being outside.

I put a post up on that forum dedicated to early discos but as far as i can tell it gets very little traffic so dont know if someone will get back to me any time soon.

And no i didnt Steve. Stu still has it, i just didnt ge the money i needed so it sort of fell by the wayside, spent it on passing my bike test and buying a bike! Which has sort of payed for itself cos im not commuting in the 3.9 anymore!

Cheers for the replies guys.
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!

bertracoon1616

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!