Landrover 110 Questions....

· 2 · 1152

Disco Robbo

• Name: Robbie Lawson
Landrover 110 Questions....
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
Hi folks, i have recently bought a 1989 Landrover 110 CSW with a Discovery 200 TDi engine and have a couple of questions that i need help with!!

1, When i drove it back from Cheshire i stopped for Diesel after 150 miles and thought i would check under the bonnet to check all was ok and noticed that the water bottle was cold and i was able to open it and the water was cold inside??  My temp gauge was sitting half way and the heater was working well. I drove the rest of the way home and when i checked it was the same. Is this normal??????

2, The person that i bought it off said it would benefit from a Discovery transfer box but what is the one i should look for??

3, It starts off the button but seems really sluggish but if i let it tick over for a minute or so it seems to be alot better and pulls really well?

Hope these make sense and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robbie
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:28:01 AM by Disco Robbo »
1987 Ex Mod LR 90
2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5

piper5

Re: Landrover 110 Questions....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
1  sounds like its running ok theres a non return valve in the small pipe that comes from the stat housing area and top of the rad, then back to the bottle, sounds like that is blocked or faulty no big deal.

2 disco transfer box or bigger tyres choice is yours i run 285 tyres, dont try both it wont go well, it should have a 1.4 ratio transfer box, check seriel numbers against ashcrofts site for more info

3 sounds like it needs a filter or possibly is drawing a bit air