Series parts UNwanted

· 7 · 1057

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
Series parts UNwanted
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
Need space.  Have ex Ser 3 leaky fuel tank (repairable?) and reasonable radiator free to good home.  Also older bonnet ?20. West Strirlingshire.
Nigel

scotamb69

Re: Series parts UNwanted
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:17:46 AM »
hi enquiring to see if you still have the radiator and tank available for uplift. Is the bonnet an ex military one by any chance? Thanks and regards.Ernest
Ernest

NIJ

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:17:39 AM »
Hi Ernest.
Radiator & tank still here.  I bought bonnet as a spare while mine was being repaired.  Don't know its origin.  It has hinge pins but no other fittings.  Light grey colour.  Some rust / patch up to front frame.  Holes in panel for padlock hasp and wheel mounting.  Panel in quite good nick.
Nigel
Nigel

scotamb69

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
Hi Nigel Thanks for your very prompt reply. If ok with you I would like to get the Radiator and tank. With regards the Bonnet I have one just now and the outer panel is excellent in condition and has all the fitting with the recess on it for the spare wheel to secure on top. However there is some rust on the framework on the underside of my bonnet and had wondered if yours would be better, however framework sounds quite similar condition. I have started a full restore on a military 109 series 3 from the chassis up so that my project at present.
Thanks again
Ernest
Ernest

NIJ

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
Hi Ernest
That's Ok.  I got my bonnet frame welded in a body shop - don't know how they did it without removing or melting panel, maybe used a MIG.  My S111 is SWB. Nigel
Nigel

NIJ

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
I've still got this stuff - as stated, need the space v soon!
Shame to skip it. N
Nigel

scotamb69

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:15:11 PM »
Hi Nigel hope all good with you. I `m sorry I didn`t get back to you about the tank and radiator I didn`t like to ask again to uplift them. If thats ok for to do I could get them any day from Friday onwards whenever it would suit. If you could email me the address, best day and time for you thats really appreciated. email address: scotamb69@aol.com
 Nigel  Thanks again.
Ernest
Ernest