I'm Back!

· 8 · 2101

Maxxed_Ross

I'm Back!
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
After just over a year away I'm back again.

As a few of you know "The Beast" was starting to make a rather large hole in my wallet almost every time I used it, so after fixing all it's faults it was driven to Milton Kynes and swapped for a nice 1.7 Astravan... that eventually mutated into this:

But due to a recent house purchase I won't be doing nearly as much running around to see the girlfriend every night and since she also has an Astra estate, it seemed daft to keep two cars that had the same space inside - with the estate having the extra seats option and a better engine it was kept and the van sold on.

With the cash mostly going on furnature for the new house, I had a little bit left to buy myself a run around for myself to use (I still want to try and keep the miles on the Impreza down if I can)

A quick check on pistonheads, and long phone call, a longer test drive and an even longer haggle session later I drove home with this monster

It's got a load of issues - mainly electrical with the odd leak thrown in. The rear diff seal is currently leaking all over the rear brake disk and the LT-77 gearbox seems to have bearing issues... and a dodgy clutch. The joys!  ;D
"Lara" - 2001 Defender 110 Tomb Raider Edition

gary1968

Re: I'm Back!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:24 PM »
Sweet, bet that will be a monster when you get all the niggles sorted out.....

Gaz

dave

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »
Series 3 rear crossmember. Hope it isnt on leaf springs!!

Maxxed_Ross

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:48:15 AM »
lol no, it's on coil springs. It's had a few older parts fitted for some reason. The rear tub seems to be an older one too. I think the parts were fitted to allow the fitting of a soft-top at some point in the past, as the tub has the side tie down points and the cross member has brackets for a half door.

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
My wife said to me that there was a mean looking land rover appeared at the other side of the school
 She had seen it whilst taking my daughter for a walk. Anyway I went for a walk with them tonight and she pointed the lr out to me. I said to her that I'm sure I've seen that recently! Welcome to the neighborhood, you'll need it come winter lol  ;D

Maxxed_Ross

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »
Cheers mate! I just got it back last week after the gearbox and front diff went bang. Its got nice RR diffs and an R380 under it now. Its been a hectic month lol. I'll keep an eye out for you about town

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
yup that was me in the white polo that flashed you today lol  ;)

Maxxed_Ross

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Ah, that solves that mystery then! I was trying to think who would flash me that drives a polo haha. I'll try and be more awake next time!