R80 gearbox gaskets

· 4 · 1443

banzia

• Name: james
R80 gearbox gaskets
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:55 AM »
Hi there,
Quick question relating to my defender ...
I have loits of oil leaks from my gear and transfer box, front seal, and other areas...
Is there a gasket set I can uy for the entire box setup, transfer included? or do I need to order individually?
I intend to do a clutch in the very near future and want the oil leaks sorted when its out...
thanks
james
I Need To Stop Eating Biscuits

MudBucket

Re: R80 gearbox gaskets
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
Hi,

You can get entire packs including oil seals and gaskets, for both the gearbox and transfer box (separately).
There are various combinations of gearbox and transfer boxes so you would probably only get a kit for a gearbox and a separate one for the tranfer box (unless it is an lt95 which is a full combo box).
I think you can get them from most internet sites, paddock, craddock, ashcroft etc.

Just order the set for your particular gearbox and transfer box. i.e. LT77 , R380, LT95 etc and transfer box R320T etc,

you will (might)probably need the suffix (the letter at the end of the serial number), i.e. lt77 "f" cos some of the parts are different for different ages of gearbox.

Cheers

Stephen

rangerovering

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »
For me the easiest way would be to get the serial numbers of your gearboxes and contact Ashcroft Tranmissions. Just ask them to make up a box of all the bits you need and they will send them out, you will know you are getting decent quality stuff that should work.

HTH
Steve

banzia

• Name: james
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:55:41 AM »
Thanks for all that, I will contact the companies you suggest and also take note of serial number and transfer box type/model.
thanks again
james
I Need To Stop Eating Biscuits