Disco 2 electrical problem

· 6 · 1607

DRH

Disco 2 electrical problem
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »
Looking for a bit of information

Driving along this afternoon, and the drivers door locked itself (I thought I had leaned on the button)  The first roundabout I came to I noticed there were no indicators, heater rear window etc, but it continued driving ok, so I kept going to where I was going before I switched it off.  On the way I noticed a small black symbol flashing next to the trip meter (too small for me to see what it was.

Tried locking and unlocking the doors with the central locking switch but nothing.  Opened the drivers door fromthe inside and everyhting seemed ok except the central locking wouldnt work with either the fob or the key.  Car still starting and running ok but still no indicators

I disconnected the battery for about an hour and went back to it.  Starts runs, now has indicators but central locking only works intermittantly, and now the mileometer is constantly flashing.  Anyone any idea what's wrong, what the small symbol was, and why's the mileometer flashing.  Everything else seems ok

Duncan

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
Re: Disco 2 electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
Hi Duncan

You've had a power surge to cause the mileage to flash. It indicates a missmatch between the speedo and ecu, you'll need to put it on a nanocom to reset it.

I would check out your alternator as this can happen when they are on the way out.

Cheers
Graeme

ps. I should be in on Mon,Tues or Thurs night if you want to put it on the nanocom.

DRH

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
Hi Graeme

Would either Mon or Tues at 8 be ok

Duncan

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
Either just let me know.

Cheers