warn winch xd9000i

· 4 · 1394

elliecooking1

warn winch xd9000i
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
does anyone know were I can get the above refurbished please? I have had it stripped down renewed the bearings and gaskets having cleaned out the old grease and regreased the gearing. Put it back together and it worked great for a minute then started to sound unhealthy and the motor became very hot. It is now remeved from the 90. Many thanks in advance for any advise given.

Scott

piper5

Re: warn winch xd9000i
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
my xd9000i did this , theres a brass bush in the end of the gearbox housing it had siezed onto the shaft, otherwise have a look at the brake inside the drum and checked you have e reconnected the motor wires in the correct order.
i don't know anyone in scotland that rebuilds them but colin stagerecovery on here is worth speaking to (nicely)

elliecooking1

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Many thanks for the info. The wires are correct, the brake looks in good condition and the bearings are not seized as it has been totally stripped that is what is bizaar. It worked great for a few seconds after rebuild but then appeared to tighten up and the moter was struggeling. I am begining to suspect the motor as there is play in it altho' the bush's are good. The unitis quite old and I do not know what sort of life of had before I got hold of it. Do you have any contact details for Colin if I can't find him? Again many thanks for the info.

stage recovery

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
pm sent to Scott