Disco 2 Central Locking

· 9 · 1281

nellyd5

• Name: Neil Dunning
Disco 2 Central Locking
« on: July 03, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »
Hi

Anyone ever changed the RF unit for their central locking?

Cheers
Neil
Disco 3 TDV6
Audi A4 S Line Black Edition

geoff

Re: Disco 2 Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »
I did them all but the fronts. I think you need to remove the window runner to get at it.

Geoff

piper5

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:21 PM »
do you mean the receiver in the roof?

nellyd5

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »
Hi

Yeah, I m mean the receiver in the roof (sits between the rear s/r and back door)

Cheers
Disco 3 TDV6

piper5

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
yep i did  mine and another  they cost about ?30 and were modified from the earlier ones to stop interference from transmitters
it is fitted in the middle of the roof, if you have twin sunroofs remove the surrounds that allows you to pull the roof down enough to change it , it only has one plug and 2 screws, if you have no sunroofs like mine its a pig, you are supposed to drop the rooflining, i removed the centre interior light and managed to get my hand in that hole, a few scratches later it was done, i only put one screw back in to hold it up .

nellyd5

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
So it is defo the black box in between the two sunroofs?   L/R told me it was between the back sunroof and the rear door.  confused.com
Disco 3 TDV6

piper5

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »
yep its about 6 inchs back and left of the interior light , kneel in the driver seat facing back remove th interior light and look in the hole towards the back passenger side door

nellyd5

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
fantastic!  I was not looking forward to dropping the rear roof lining and having to take out the window surrounds but have sorted both leaky sunroofs (hence the knackered RF unit) and can get to that easy.  Cheers Mate!  :)
Disco 3 TDV6

piper5

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »
just been and looked at mine again its a trim panel about 4x6" that the interior light is fitted to take that whole panel down, behind there you will find either one big hole or 2small holes, if you find 2 holes cut them into one taking car to keep it under the size of the panel so your hand fits in, i landed up replacing the trim clips with 2 self tappers (black ones that match the trim screws)
i am in dunfermline area if you get stuck  or pm if you want to phone.