Immobiliser

· 4 · 1292

metrosul

Immobiliser
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
I have a 1998 Ser 1 Disco. until last night the remote key fob was operating normally but today the car won't respond at all. I've renewed the battery (as i've done in the past) and follwed the proceedure in the handbook but still no difference. I can buy a new fob but it has to be programmed by a dealer but is there any way at all of getting the car mobile??? Sadly i dont have the security code mentioned in the handbook so cant enter the code using the door lock.
Thanks!

Alastair Stirling.
Alastair

coolcamper55

Re: Immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
I think that you can ask the LR dealer to get you the EKA code if you give him the VIN number, and can prove its your motor, that at least would get you going.

Failing that you need someone with a Nanocom to plug it into your diagnostic socket then they can read off the EKA code.

If your fob is a two button unit you can pay LR ?42 or get one from the scrappy for a couple of quid. The same Nanocom will let you programme it.

I have just had 4 new fobs done total cost ?65 and that was a garage (not LR) doing the programming.

If you let folks know roughly where you are then someone with a Nanocomm might be close

metrosul

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, not heard of a Nancom, the main dealers refer to a "T4" machine but dont seem to have one that works. I'm in the west end of Glasgow so if anyone knows of someone local who can help then i'd love to hear.
Thanks again!

Alastair

coolcamper55

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »
PM sent