csw sunroof trim black plastic

· 7 · 1926

elliecooking1

csw sunroof trim black plastic
« on: January 03, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »
I am renewing the interior of my 200tdi 90 H reg ??? due to the sagging problem. I was told that the plastic piece will break when I remove it. Does anyone know where I can get one other than LR. They priced me ?77!! many thanks to anyone that can help

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: csw sunroof trim black plastic
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »
The plastic bit itself might not break but on mine just about every one of the plastic studs inside it did and LR say thaey are no longer available..... Caution about getting a bit off ebay - there are several sizes. I ended up with a later version than I wanted :-( - Too big.

What size glass is in yours ? If I have a spare bit I'll be happy to negotiate !

I've also tried fixing the sagging headlining, stripped it out, cleaned off all the old rotten foam and stuck it back together carefully, weighted down the bits that needed pressing into corners, lots of effort ....the result looks sh*te. I've left it in the shed.... My current plan is to buy some Hardura - 3mm felt covered with crinkly finish vinyl and cut that to fit straight onto the roof with appropriate glue. 

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-127-hardura.aspx

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

elliecooking1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »
thanks for the quick reply. the glass is 75cm X 39cm. I am concerned about the ebay parts as when I phone lr they also told me the same as what you say. I am away at work for 16 days from today but I hope to still use the forum.

I tried to repair the lining but with no success so opted to buy a new one from lasalle trim. I hope to fit this about easter when the weather gets better. I am open for negotiation if you you have a spare!!

genem

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »
I'll look in the shed tomorrow to check the size of what I've got !

G.

elliecooking1

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
Thanks for that. Might be a few days before I can reply to anything cos of my work. Good luck with the search!!

genem

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »
Having had a rummage about in the dark....

I have a complete ( later ?) sunroof window, tinted glass about 36x75. This is the one that opens with a rotating handle. Seems to have a flexible grey plastic piece of trim ?

I also have an ( earlier ?) version, less glass, that opens with a lever action handle, glass about 39x75. This has a harder black plastic trim - but most of the small white L shaped studs inside it are mising (snapped). The glass was used to repair my roof, from an '89 CSW.

Not sure how much use to you the plastic trim will be without the clips to hold it ?

elliecooking1

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
I think it must be the 89 model as it is a push up lever and the trim is black. Can you get the clips for the trim do you know or is it all one piece? If so, it will probably be the clips that break on mine and if I can get them separatly then that is what I will do. Many thanks