COTAG

· 2 · 1315

Corbie

COTAG
« on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
Is anyone here in COTAG?
I note the website has a message saying that the waiting list is now full, but hasn't been updated since September. Is that still the case? I've tried emailing the website but no response.
I noticed a well kitted Defender a couple of days ago in Ellon (my local area) while I was picking up mail at the delivery office for a few neighbours, since there have been no postal deliveries here for a couple of weeks- the wrong kind of snow  ???. It was decked out with COTAG signs which reminded me to ask.
Paul

2005 Defender 90 TD5 SW XS (mine)
2003 Nissan Terrano II 3.0TD SVE (mine)
2003 Defender 90 TD5 Hard-top (work)
2007 Defender 110 TD5 Double-cab pickup (work)

georgew

Re: COTAG
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
Surprisingly thats pretty up to date for the COTAG site.
It does pretty much tells you the current situation with them.
(Better information than last years site gave)
www.cotag.net

For a Response group they are not great at responding/replying to enquiries, (or they were not, possibly this is the sign of an improvement)
just as well they are good at what they are set up to do. :)
(every now & again they have some media publicity then the site sometimes gets up dated.)
What they possibly need is a 'Publicity/Media/Internet savvy person on the team!!
Someone to field their enquiries from the public & possible volunteers.

If you want to read more about their lack of interest 'in the past' new members etc just Google COTAG, there are Threads in forums like 'Difflock',
Highly qualified local 4x4 owners with First Aid, Mountain Leadership, Navigation, Mountain rescue
 trained people that get no place with enquiries to COTAG.

Hopefully you might find some local group more interested in any assistance you can offer.
COTAG can possibly benefit from anyone doing fund raising projects for them. ;)

george
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:31:20 AM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk