Swapping fog and reverse lights

· 3 · 1399

cedric_r

• Yorkie
Swapping fog and reverse lights
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
As I'm going to export my 110 to the continent, I'd like to swap fog and reverse lights. I don't think it's compulsory, but it makes passing the MOT equivalent a lot easier. Is there an easy way to do that that won't require me to run new wires or drill holes in the body?

Thanks.
Cedric

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Swapping fog and reverse lights
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:41:29 PM »
I'm not sure about vehicles as new as your but on mine there is wiring for the fog light on both sides of the body, at least as far as the box on the back of the wheel arch.

If not , it would not be too difficult a job to extend a wire from each side to the other. No need to drill holes, it should all fit through existing holes and grommets, cable-tie the wire to the existing loom where it runs along on top of the rear cross-member ( on a 90 at least...) . If you want to make a really good job the correct connectors can be obtained from :

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Econoseal_Connectors.html

and you could make up an extension cable comprised of both earth and feed wires with either two single cable of a length of twin...

Good Luck !

G.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

cedric_r

• Yorkie
Re: Swapping fog and reverse lights
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 07:07:51 AM »
Thanks. I checked Rave after you mentioned having fog light connectors on both sides, and it seems to imply that both reverse light and fog lights are wired on both sides. So that would make things a lot simpler.
Cedric