Tyres

· 2 · 1303

Radarears

• photo bucket
Tyres
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
I need to replace two of the tyre's on the Discovery. It is now on 16 ins steel wheels for the winter.

I use the Discovery for some off road work at work, was up at two farms and their fields today, but also commute 40 miles a day on the black stuff.

Money is not in abundance and I do not want to go down the part worn route as it is maybe false economy?

I cannot afford Grabbers etc so I was thinking about Insa Turbo Mountains. Cost about ?55 plus the government tax. If these were good I would then replace the other two so all four match.

Has any body used these or what advice on this subject would you offer.

Thanks
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

georgew

Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
I have Insa Turbo Mountain in 235/70/16 (29") on  my Jimny Pickup again, used them all summer,

i changed back to them yesterday from BFG KM2 that were not good on the snow /ice on treated roads or in deeper/fresh snow, they just clagged up.

I would not recomend the IT Mountain for a heavy vehicle, i would look at one of the other Insa Turbo tyres,
(Insa Turbo Traction Track possibly)
or Possibly something with not too an aggresive tread from Fedima.
Make sure if buying 2 tyres that the O/D is exactly the same size, & not just the same in the numbers, both remould & new tyre diameters can vary greatly.

george

www.4site4x4.co.uk
see the 'tyre selector'
www.4x4tyres.com
www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:50:40 AM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk