Freelander 1 3 door 1.8 petrol ES - Black - SOLD

· 1 · 552

Ye110w

« on: May 03, 2023, 09:48:48 PM »

First registered 08 11 2002 on a 52 plate

Bought by me in March 2016 with 71,897 miles on the clock and three previous owners. New MOT on 2nd May 2023 with 90,115 miles on the clock.

Used as a second car.

Condition commensurate with age. A nice example of the last of the pre facelift Mk1’s

Black and grey leather interior. Heated front seats. Aftermarket Bluetooth stereo fitted. Original head unit included. Original Alpine 6 CD Changer included (needs original head unit fitted to operate). Steering wheel mounted radio controls for original head unit. Split glass sunroof with original storage bag fitted in boot. Removable “hard top” (last off last summer!). Original Freelander “shower curtain” for use in "emergencies" when the hardtop is removed. Original toolbox with lock nut for alloys. Has aircon but never worked (recharge?). Who needs aircon when you can take the roof off! 5 x 5 spoke original 16” alloys fitted with 215/65 R 16 Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres. Original dealer fit spare wheel cover.  Side steps (OEM?). Roof rails and Land Rover locking roof bars. Tow bar (fitted by me and only used for a tow ball mounted bike rack).
ABS – works!
Traction control – works!
Hill decent control – works!

During my ownership, the following work has been done.
New cooling system expansion tank.
New VCU and prop bearings.
New front lower suspension arms.
New clutch.
Muddy Mods Dark Ice Designs “Sheddist” hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinder upgrade. (Massively improves the clutch pedal feel).
New rear door handle. (Replaced when the original came off in my hand!).

At time of writing, both front door electric windows work, as does the rear door electric window. (Both on opening the tailgate and by the switch in the cabin). Original alarm. 2 keys with one “bliper”. Original alarm operated by the bliper.

The Freelander drives very nicely. Better than many newer cars! Only selling as I am moving house and don’t have space for it at the new house. If I did, I’d keep it a very nice example of a pre facelift Freelander 1.

Can send pics or a video if required. Viewing in Newtongrange, EH22 by appointment.

OIRO £1800.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 11:36:09 AM by Ye110w »