WANTED : Defender Front Seats

· 10 · 1089

mudTerrain

WANTED : Defender Front Seats
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
Hello,

if anybody has a pair of standard Defender front seats they're looking to sell, I'd be interested.

Paul

Alan Mc

Re: WANTED : Defender Front Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »
Hi Paul.  I have a centre seat in fabric if you're interested - give me a shout if you're interested. 

Alan.

mudTerrain

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »
Hi Alan,

thanks or that, but it's the main seats I'm looking for.

Cheers anyway,

Paul

mark ross

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:15:27 AM »
Got a set off exmoor trim Landrover bucket seats that fit straight in to a defender

mudTerrain

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Hi Mark,

do they fit to the original mounting holes in the seatbox?

I've got a set of Saab seats which I had fitted before I rebuilt my Defender, but they never really fitted brilliantly and I don't want to start drilling holes in the new seatbox to try to fit them again...

Do you have any pictures you could upload or email to me? - paulharlow [at] googlemail [dot] com

Thanks,

Paul

mark ross

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
Yeh bolt right in proper mounts the lot am in Falkirk if you would like to vew 07511131151

mudTerrain

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
Hi Mark,

they sound ideal - I'm in Elgin, though, so quite a trek just to come and view them.

Can you give me some idea of what they look like?

What sort of price did you have in mind?

Thanks,

Paul

aqms987

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:18:16 AM »
I fitted a set of Recarro seats from a Vectra VXR in my 110, I used the original Vauxhall seat brackets with a minor mod to the brackets. I extended the brackets sideways to pick up on the original L/R bolt fixings so it will be a simple task to unbolt & refit the original seats come disposal time. Also means easy access to the battery.
 I use my vehicle for Rally Recovery so can have long spells waiting @ stage starts, the Recarro seats can fully recline so much more comfortable than the original installation. I am @ Farr just outside Inverness if you wish to view. Alternatively if your kettle works, I could take a run through.

Regards
 Allan

mudTerrain

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
Hi Allan,

thanks for the info - I had the Saab seats fitted in my 110 before I rebuilt it and, to be honest, they're nice comfortable seats, but the mounts are completely different to the seatbox holes.  I've been considering making up some plates to offset the difference, but I just wanted to see if anybody had any standard seats going spare before I got the old angle-grinder/welder combination out :)

I'd be interested to see how you kept access to your battery - even with my seat sliders mounted right on the edge of the seatbox, sliding the seats as far forward as they go still doesn't give fantastic access under them...

If you have any pictures you can upload, that'd be very helpful, otherwise I'd be very happy to take up your offer and come to Farr for a look - I'd have to sort out a day I could come over and let you know.

Thanks,

Paul

aqms987

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
Hi Paul
 Sorry no pictures but you are welcome to come over any time by arrangement. I will make sure the kettle is working!

Regards
 Allan