Freelander 1 TD4 ES 2001 3 door spares or repair

· 3 · 1189

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
Freelander 1 TD4 ES 2001 3 door spares or repair
« on: April 30, 2017, 09:33:04 AM »
This is my wife run around.
It is MOT's until the end of June.
It will definitely need 2 possibly 3 tyres.
Last serviced in December 16.
It is currently in 2 wheel drive having had the vcu and propshaft removed which I still have.
The passenger electric window does not work apart from that the rest of the electrics are fine. Leather interior.
160k and it runs as sweet as a nut.
The 3 warning lights are on as I have pulled the abs fuse. It has a really annoying fault since the being put into 2 wheel drive where the abs kicks in all the time when breaking. My mechanic thinks it is a faulty abs ring. You have a choice of driving with the abs fuse in, no warning lights but having the abs kicking in when you break. It's went through its last 2 MOT's like this and I just removed the fuse again after the MOT. Recently even with the fuse in the warning lights have gone on and off intermittently.
In the 2 years she has owned it, it has near enough had the brakes overhauled Inc the pipes. Both fuel pumps recently replaced.
It belonged to my father in law previously who maintained it regardless off expense.
Any inspection welcome​.
£550 to get it off my drive.

Thanks for looking
Ross

Black Sheep

Re: Freelander 1 TD4 ES 2001 3 door spares or repair
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »
£450 as it's still on my drive ;D

Black Sheep

Re: Freelander 1 TD4 ES 2001 3 door spares or repair
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
Bump back up. Now MOT to July 18. No warning lights but still has faulty abs ring. Only other known fault is passenger window not working. Currently on 15 inch wheels and will come with a spare set of 16 inch wheels should you want them. Body work is good for age.
This is an excellent cheap runabout.
£750 ono.