GRR Loch Ard Forest Sun 26th Feb

· 13 · 2981

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
GRR Loch Ard Forest Sun 26th Feb
« on: January 31, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
I've just had word back from the Forestry Commission that we can have another GRR in Loch Ard Forest, subject to making a few changes to my planned route. The outline plan will be to meet in Aberfoyle Woollen Mill Car-park for sign-on starting at 10am, on the Sunday morning ( food, fuel and toilets available locally) then head into the Forest for 20 miles or hopefully more... Depending on what route I can negotiate.

A great scenic drive, suitable for all our vehicles, that will take us right to the foot of Ben Lomond.

More detail to follow...
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

soakes94

• Name: Stephen Oakes
Re: GRR Loch Ard Forest Sun 26th Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
I'm hoping to come along to this, making it my first GRR, I have sent away my membership form but want to check it has arrived? Who should I message to make sure they have received it? Also what should I expect on the day in terms of terrain? The reason I ask is my Diff Lock linkage is in pieces and I can't find a replacement part so current can't engage diff lock :(

Cheers
Stephen :)

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »
Hiya,

To check the progress of your membership, please contact join_us@slroc.co.uk and our membership secretary Dick Carter will let you know where things are at.

Green Road Runs are normally fairly easy going so not having active diff lock will not be an issue.   If there is any tougher terrain this is normally optional.

I hope you enjoy the event,

Dean
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

Johnbain

• Name: John Bain
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Hi Gene is there any rough bits in the forrest that we are able to use .
Range rover td6
2012defender2

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
I'll be doing a confirmatory recce next week John.

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Johnbain

• Name: John Bain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:30:21 AM »
That's great G cheers
Range rover td6
2012defender2

ianp45

• Name: Ian piacentini
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:22:25 PM »
For anyone looking for Aberfoyle/Loch Ard start point is behind the Wool Centre on the main street  Postcode is
FK8 3UQ.
Green Defender 110 Utility TDCI

soakes94

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:28 PM »
This is going to be my first GRR and I was just wondering what I should expect, I know this might be place dependant so it could vary but is there anything I should bring, anything I should do to the car in preparation? What kind of driving will it be? Any additional costs? Sorry for all the questions buts its my first and I want to make sure I'm ready!

Cheers
Stephen

nathanglasgow

• Name: nathan taylor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 11:21:54 PM »
It's fairly gentle driving, could probably do it with a standard vehicle as long as there's no snow. Offroad driving in Scotland has a cost, can't remember how much it cost last year,?£20

soakes94

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:34 PM »
Its a 1986 90 with a 300Tdi and running 285/85 R16 tyres. And I fixed the diff lock so it should be okay!(I hope)

S

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »
Hi Stephen, to confirm earlier posts, the format is around 20 miles of driving on good forest tracks - there may be some slightly more challenging sections (muddy / deep water) dependent on where Forestry Commission allow us into, but these are optional - if there are any sections like that you can always watch some of the others driving them before deciding if you want to have a go. Cost is likely to be £10 - 12 to cover Forestry costs - take a picnic lunch with you as we generally stop some where deep in the forest for a chat and lunch break. Gene Maxwell is organising this one with support from other committee members. Enjoy!

soakes94

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 10:34:03 AM »
Sounds good! Sorry for all the questions just don't want to turn up unorganised and then ruin my first GRR!

Cheers
S

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 01:45:37 AM »
 :'( well the weather not my health has beat me to getting ready on time so it will have to ge next one fingers crossed hope you all have a great time I sit jealously awaiting pics a news of how it went .
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.