New member looking to get into trials

· 6 · 1768

chrislightweight

New member looking to get into trials
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »
Hi im a new member from the borders ,i should have my rebuilt coil sprung lightweight on the road this month and after seeing the display at the scottish landy show id like to get into trialing ,rtv as i dont fancy climbing those logs in my landy !!

Other than showing up at a meeting for a go are there any extras id need either for me or the landy in order to compete ?

Thanks

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
Re: New member looking to get into trials
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »
Show was a bit misleading, CCV trials do not normally drive over logs like that, it is rough but the logs at the show were pretty tough on the cars.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

chrislightweight

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
It did look a bit full on for a fairly standard landy !!

hunter

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »
hi new member I was the driver of the little green trialer the logs were there instead of ruff ground lol what I would recommend to you is on the 23rd july there is a ccv at Torpichein that you can watch. The club tyro days are a great way to get started in the club and are recommended before you move onto ccv's get onto the club web page and it will keep you updated on what is on
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:28:08 PM by hunter »

chrislightweight

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:59:13 PM »
Im hoping to have the landy motd by then ,having temp gauge problems with it reading way too high so dont want to drive it to the test till thats sorted

Only just put the engine in ,it never overheated in the disco but i dont want to take a chance

hunter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
sorry got that wrong I thought there was a driving day my mistake