Landrover re sale prices.. up or down

· 10 · 3063

banzia

• Name: james
Landrover re sale prices.. up or down
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:46:59 PM »
Hi Guys

Now that the production of our beloved defenders has officially ended how does this effect the re sale value of our trucks...

I took a wee peek at ebay defenders that are up for sale and I think they seem more expensive but I might have that wrong..

What do you think?

james
I Need To Stop Eating Biscuits

piper5

Re: Landrover re sale prices.. up or down
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »
i think its up on certain models, definitly harder to get one took me three months to get a td5 110 , evry one i went for was sold in hours

banzia

• Name: james
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
Looks the same with nineties... I would like to part exchange my 110 or even swap for one but its like hens teeth at the minute...
I Need To Stop Eating Biscuits

Scott110

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 05:29:23 PM »
I had my 300tdi 90 up for sale! Got nothing but time wasters and the trade wanting it for pennies. So removed all adverts. On the other hand sold the petrol 90 truckcab almost the same day. Is getting harder to find good ones though.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Chris81

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »
Reading this with interest..... Just sitting down tonight doing the sums on bagging myself a 110.

The prices seem to fluctuate depending on whether it's ebay/ gumtree/ auto trader etc: colour me confused! In short it looks like you don't lose much money buying one just now.

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »
Take a look at the Land Rover Approved Used website and the prices being asked by franchised dealers for late plate low miles demos and the run out special editions are through the roof........... >£52000 at one London dealership for a 3 month old 3000 miler 110 Adventurer run out edition in Yulong White............ 
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:51:18 PM »
The prices across the board fir vehicles and parts is going to rise as the demand fir them increases esoecialky low millage and special editions , motor traders are desperate to get them cheap to sell them high .
Please also watch your beloved landies as thefts are on the increase throughout the country and seems gangs are stealing several in one area at a go so lock track imobileised all taken and recently a guy had his garages raided fir two damaged a near restored and took all his tools.
With this happening prices are on the increase and insurance !
So chain them up and make sure if you see anything suspicious or you get folk in your area having thefts of there's be extra vigilant and call 101 and report anything the police might find of use as since they no longer made getting a replacement is going to be very hard at the insurance pay off at the prices they are fetching .
Just thought I through this info out there so folk are aware.
John
Ps even series 3/2/1 are targeted fir making into look alike defenders fir sale aboard was instance in states of 100 s being sized and crushed due to thefts imported and ringers.
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

piper5

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 08:08:10 AM »
thefts certainly seem to be on the rise i know of at least five to go missing in fife and a couple up aberdeen way, two were recovered in dundee the rest never been seen again. reading the landywatch page on facebook yorkshire seems to be horrific for thefts and stripping where they sit just now

Scott110

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
Its going mad already! Recently my beloved 1987 110 had a accident with a bull.
Cut a long story short the farmers insurance took full liability. Initially they wanted to wright it of due to its age. I gave them the challenge to find one similar to its condition,service history and spec. Being a van side they found 2. Both were over 7500. Needles to say the repair is now in progress. Also my insurance want to increase the agreed valuation in may when the renewal is due. I do pay monthly though for secure storage for all the landrovers and spares.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
Jeesh! To think i was upset at letting my 110 double cab Black edition go, now I am a bit relieved. Any sign of trouble in Dumfries and Galloway?