Epic northern adventure.

· 3 · 1389

Scott110

Epic northern adventure.
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »
Hi guys been a while.
Middle of January I decided to go for a wee drive. Got everything ready in the trusty 110 and headed off on my way. 35 miles later just northbound of ballantraye on the A77 a limousine bull decided it was better to wander about the main road! So the 110 took a big hit destroying the drivers side front end. Amazingly I managed to drive it home after the police has ok this. So take 2. Got the yet un tested newer 90. Too small for me and the dogs etc but at least the journey was back on. Fast forward to now I'm currently in Kinlochleven. I hugged the west coast as much as I could on way up taking some lovely minor roads. Ended up in Durness in the far north west. On my way down I found a very minor back road through the mountains. In all so far done 1142 miles. Spent about £150 on fuel. Only running issues, lorry kicked a rock into my headlamp, so dropped into lix toll bought all new lights and a full set of modular wheels and new tyres. Need to head home Sunday to pick up the dogs medication then ill turn around and do it again. Wont be in the 110 though its stuck in insurance limbo hell.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Scott110

Re: Epic northern adventure.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »
Still on my epic journey!
Seen loads of fellow landy owners pretty much all of them give a wave.
Seen a early black 110 in fort William with huge tyres. Often seen I think a blue series 3 near Glencoe. I followed a fancy new 90 the fast one befor the owner booted it away😊. Had to slam on the brakes as did the other 90 I met in glen etiv it also had huge tyres. Lots of fancy new crewcabs all same pale green, must be gamekeeper. And have leads on landys sitting in barns.
My 90 doing ok over 2000 miles now. Leaking power steering pipe or pump nut works and only slightly dribbling for now. Leaking.sump gasket. Need to head back tomorrow though got to clear the landy shed out of unwanted parts and gardening machines.
110 still not fixed its lost in insurance hell.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:06:20 AM by Admin »
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Alan Mc

Re: Epic northern adventure.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:47:31 PM »
Sounds good and jealous.  Was up walking in hills around Tyndrum last week and like you, spotted a bunch of LR products out.  Enjoy.  Alan