vehicle tracker

· 6 · 1893

piper5

vehicle tracker
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:07 PM »
anyone have a tracker fitted to their landrover? with the increasing thefts i have been seriously looking at having a tracker fitted. prices start from 240 fitted plus 120 per year after that.

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: vehicle tracker
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 03:30:48 AM »
 :o what type is that ? I bought a big standard of the bay with a SIM card and car power lead for £25 but they go cheaper but try get one that has everything, I then registered with the tracking company and paid £5 a month as pay as you go with it, you can text all commands via your phone and if you ring it it gives a link to google maps showing the place your at, it can be set for speeds,area boundary,movement,theft gives you min by min update you can have five numbers it contacts in the event if anything happening that you have set it too you can also set to listen lol so it very good buy and found no problems with it so bought anther two one for each vehicle I own they also cone with a battery for back up but if your just using the battery you have to charge it up every three days.
This is the item number fir one at £14:99 eBay item 231255563769
Hth

I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

piper5

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:36:12 AM »
i have looked at them thanks, various flaws with them though they are basically using phone data,mso park where there is no phone signal and it doesnt work, disconnect the car battery and it doesnt work after couple of days. does your insurance approve it or discount for it?
i am looking at the proper tracker from the company called tracker. insurance approved and police approved, can be tracked from a police car

rangerovering

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »
I believe Cobra are doing something for around that figure, has some fancy features remote immobilisation from your phone with a tracking app and if used with the alarm there is 5 circuit immobilisation options and door deadlocks. Not cheap all in at around £500 for the alarm and tracker but at the rate defenders are being nicked its a sensible investment.
Steve

piper5

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
so i have went for a system by tracker themselves, £249 fitted plus yearly subscription, looked at the cobra one which is very nice bit more money though and has features i just dont need

piper5

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:46:05 PM »
so i had the tracker fitted today. very pleased with the whole transaction, i ordered online last monday where it asked for a mobile number, they called on tuesday and asked when they could install the device, i was given a 2 hour slot on the day, the installer called to say he was 30 mins away, took him just over a hour to install , he cleaned the dash etc when finished, covered off the paperwork and what to do in the event of theft..
very happy all in with the service