poss ebay scam

· 7 · 1183

piper5

poss ebay scam
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
so today i was looking at 110 station wagons on ebay and a 57 plate station wagon limited edition appears for much cheapness, after a bit of digging it appears to be a scam they are advertising other folks cars from all over the country , beware. ebay item 222010617401
item is listed in cummnock but is also for sale in london, the other cars listed are all for sale spread over the country

piper5

Re: poss ebay scam
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »
just found this landrover listed in classic car magazine for £21000 reported to ebay

discodavy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
Hello piper ,I live in cumnock and I've seen this motor cutting about cumnock and auchinleck ,
It normally has a black front runner roof rack though ,davy

Andy 90

• Name: Andy Dunbar
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:57:34 AM »
If you have any doubts contact eBay and report it. They will investigate and take the advert down if it is a scam. You will be doing everyone a favour. I nearly got stung a couple of years ago on a VW Camper and had a very lucky escape. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but don't part with any money (even through eBay/paypal) until you have laid eyes on the vehicle and have satisfied yourself it genuine.

Andy

piper5

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »
every motor listed against this person on ebay is for sale for much cheapness at least half the real value, this 110 is a special edition xs model with loads of upgrades posted elsewhere for over £20k and its listed here at 6700 don't think so, he has range rovers at 5k . I have also found a couple of his other listings advertised elsewhere for a lot more and spread all over the country, and the fact he has 60 positive feedbacks for selling bras !
I have reported the listings

piper5

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:18:42 PM »
all listings and user now gone from ebay

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
Quite often find ads like that, often has loads of other items, cars boats, caravans, high value items very cheap. Usually want you to contact them directly and gives mobile number. Have reported quite a few to ebay. Always too good to be true. Found one before that had taken cars from Autotrader and listed them all on ebay at 50% buy it now, phone now must go liquidation sale, do not contact via ebay. Be aware!
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!