Project 200 TDi 90 Defender for sale. Galvanised chassis, new bulkhead etc

· 3 · 1705

dave

I have run out of time to complete my 90 project so am offering it up for sale. I purchased the base vehicle with the view to building a challenge spec 90 and have most of the parts to do so. For sale is the following package.

Defender 90 1992 genuine 200 Tdi fitted with new galvanised chassis around 8 years ago and a brand new genuine Land Rover bulkhead in Feb of this year. The bulkhead was professionally painted then fitted using new parts as nec. I have just fitted a brand new seat box and sills. My plan was to make a very tidy truck cab 90. The doors were shot so I have purchased a pair of brand new take off doors from a 2015 Defender that was destined for Africa. These doors are white(United Nations) and are mint. The doors have never seen the road. They are complete with window winders, door cards, locks etc. Ready to paint and hang. I have a brand new set of door hinges to hang them with.
The wings were dented so I have purchased a very straight pair ready to paint and hang on the car. The inner wings were in a sorry state so I have a pair of mint galvanised take off inner wings. I also have a replacement rear panel to be fitted and a tailgate strengthening strip to be replaced. This would sort out the body and painted would make a mint wee 90.
        I have purchased a full set of Gwyn Lewis challenge suspension to go with the car.  This includes a set of 4 Old Man Emu +5" travel shocks and all the galvanised turrets etc to mount the shocks. I have a set of rear cranked arms also. The springs are a brand new set of Flatdog +3" standard poundage springs. The +150mm stainless brake flexis are already fitted to the car. I have replaced both front swivel balls and the car benefits from a recent new front axle case(wide bushes). The engine has recently had a new lift pump, starter motor, radiator and injection pump. It starts and runs perfectly as you would expect. The gearbox is nice and tight with no crunches and the diff lock etc all work well.
     Things to find.

Seats, the cars seats are all past it.
Front castor corrected arms.
Pair of wide angle propshafts
Various sundries.
Full set of new lights. Better to replace after painting.

All in all, this would make a very tidy and desirable wee 90. The best engine that Land Rover ever made and will only go up in value if built properly.

I am open to sensible offers but I have a fair bit of money tied up in the new parts etc. The doors cost me £1200 alone. Please come and look before making any offers. You know what a replacement chassis costs and the bulkhead was the same by the time it was painted and fitted!

Located near Perth.

dave

Re: Project 200 TDi 90 Defender for sale. Galvanised chassis, new bulkhead etc
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »
Or would swap for 110 hard top.

dave

Sold now. Thanks for the interest. And thanks eBay!