Series 3 for sale

· 7 · 1434

Drum

• Name: John Boath
Series 3 for sale
« on: August 12, 2015, 12:10:16 AM »
Too many land rovers so I need to offload.

'79 SWB diesel currently licensed as an agricultural machine meaning it's like a tractor - limited onroad use between fields, mot and tax exempt and I would imagine it can use red diesel.

I insure it and tax it (free) and use it occasionally as a fishing/shooting/ firewood wagon and keep it off-road. Bizarrely, the previous owner drove it from perth to Inverness everyday!

It was a shed when I got it and a fair bit of blood,sweat, tears and money went into it!

I put a new half chassis on it about three years ago and the bulkhead is solid. It would be an ideal offroad toy or easy to put on-road. The 2.25 diesel is smokey on the overrun, it needs a hub seal and the alternator is temperamental. V5 in my name.

How does £1200 ono sound?

Pics to follow.
John

Drum

Re: Series 3 for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:26:26 PM »
John

Drum

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »
John

Drum

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »
John

Drum

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:37 PM »
John

sbrian

• Name: Steve Brian
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »
Hi There

Want would I need to do to re classify this vehicle? is there any reason why there may be a problem, i.e. something is not working that would need to be for a road going licence. Not being a mechanic is the smoke on over run a big job to fix.

Thanks 

Steve

Drum

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
I think changing to 'normal' taxation class is straight forward - they will be quite happy to let you pay them road tax. Mot then fill in a V70 form. Going the other way is more difficult.

The smoke is quite blue so I'm not sure if it's worn rings or valve stem seals or...?
It is a good starter(needs heat like all 2.25 diesels) and runs/pulls well so I don't think there's a lack of compression.

I should probably mot it myself and maybe ask a wee bit more for it.

John