best security

· 8 · 2076

stevenb

• Name: steven brown
best security
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
Hi lads new here and new to the world off land rovers  I, m looking to put some sort off security on my 90 defender
 Whats the best u can do for them  .I know off a few things but whats the best way to keep them as safe as u can
 Atb steven

Dave T

Re: best security
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »
Start with a disclock, then there are all sorts of pedal locks and hidden switches and don't leave it anywhere hidden
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Alan Mc

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »
Thatcham immobiliser.   Mine was under £200 and discount on insurance too.  Alan.

stevenb

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »
Cheers lads as soon as I sell my wee jimny I, ll be adding some sort off alarm  or immobiliser to it were did u get yours alan

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
Having lost a Discovery that was winched onto a recovery truck in full view of CCTV - despite locks, alarm, immobiliser, and a big bar through the steering wheel - I know it is all pointless if someone wants it enough for parts or export. So perhaps the best defence is to make the vehicle look tatty and all worn out?
Navigator          GM1VBE

stevenb

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
Its shocking to think u need to go through all this to keep your own property safe from the dirty buggers I, ll never understand why some one could do that I, ve lost a car myself and I, m always wanting to make sure it don, t happen agan but as u said if they want they will take

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
As my mate Alex was wont to say "A lock only stops an honest man"

The best security is to have a vehicle that nobody wants to steal: a scaffy, tatty shed.....

:chuckle:

stevenb

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 06:43:10 PM »
Lol yr true shocking tho aint it