Series 1 discovery v8 project/donor

· 2 · 686

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
Series 1 discovery v8 project/donor
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
G plate 3door discovery V8 3.5 carb.

Has SU carbs fitted to a 3.5V8 block and KnN filters + facet fuel pump out of date LPG kit - not hooked up. - Strombergs and inlet manifolds in the boot.  190k on clock - no history

It ran last time i looked at it but ill need to check that.

Hasnt been on the road for a few years but has been moved around the garden  under its own power a few times in the last year. - have a V5  and key.

Change of plans means it needs to go. 

Minimum to go back on the road - rear floor , wings , cross member , inner wings and sills - and thats just the body work , recomend inspection and forming your own opinion. Would make a good start for a 100" tray back build or the like.

located near aberdeen ,Needs trailered - currently has NO tax NO Mot , 2 flat tires and is hand throttle only - i have no means to trailer it.   

400 quid. 

I am looking for a rear disk axle for my 90 though so if you have one of them - a deal could be made. ( i know the axle off this would be a good axle but i dont really want to break it in my garden just for an axle so if someone can make use or break the truck and furbish me with a decent axle ill be happy)

Will post a picture of the exterior tonight . its pretty much stock with full chequer plate kit attached to the lower 1/3rd (not by me)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:12:59 PM by top drive »
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
Re: Series 1 discovery v8 project/donor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »
was dark when i got home last night but here is an older photo of it so you get the idea.

Ill take specific photos of anything at the weekend if requests.

there is no bull bar or side steps on it - i do not have them.

i also didnt fit the chequer plate so dont know whats under

Will break if interest in parts but if i do the rear axles not for sale.
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.