101 Ambulance - camper conversion

· 13 · 7555

kayakkris

• Name: Kris Wright
101 Ambulance - camper conversion
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:55:19 PM »
This 101 is just not getting the use that I had intended, city living is not suiting me owning this type of vehicle. 

Vehicle is in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I bought the vehicle in July 2012 and I've enjoyed owning it but it deserves much more than I can give it.

Vehicle details: Land Rover 101 Forward Control, 4 Stretcher Ambulance, 12 Volt, Right Hand Drive, Manual Gearbox
Registration Details: 72 GF 44 / ATO609Y - Date into Service 17/08/82 - Cast 19/05/98 with mileage 33044. Current Mileage is 49000. MOT'd til April 2015 (#). Taxed to 31 October 2014. (#, MOT is due on the 23rd April 2014, it is booked in to be tested in early April and I envisage selling it with a full years MOT)

The previous owner did a “no expense spared” conversion on it spending around £20k.
It is in excellent mechanical condition with a very good chassis, it was fully under-sealed in September 2012. 
It has done just over 15,000 miles since the 300Tdi professional engine conversion - full details below (from the previous owners advert):

Brand New 300Tdi (Defender Spec) Diesel Engine fitted at 33600 miles.

Professional Conversion by Roger at Zeus Engineering Exeter (costing over £13,000 in 2003) includes the following:
Zeus 300Tdi Timing Gear kit (replacing the 300Tdi drive belt - a must if the vehicle is to be used in arduous dusty conditions)
Zeus Bell-housing conversion
Modified and re-cored Radiator

Reconditioned Gearbox and upgraded Transfer box

Power Steering

Other Modifications:
Allisport Turbodiesel Intercooler

Zeus 101 Disk Brake Conversion Front and Rear

Michelin XZL tyres (very little mileage since new and have massive tread)

Halogen Headlamp Conversion

Batteries in internal compartment behind the passenger seat fitted with Master cut-off switches

NoiseKiller Accoustics Engine Blanket and Bell Housing Blanket, ACTech Quilt over engine cover.
Inertia Reel Seatbelts
Defender Front Seats

Leather Steering Wheel

Camper Conversion including: 
Dometic 3 Way (Gas, 12v DC and 240v) Fridge
Twin Burner Gas Hob with Grill
Stainless Steel Sink - with 12v pumped tap
“Rock and Roll” style ¾ bed which stows into a seat (this is a standard VW camper item).

Mains electric hook-up for campsites - with European converter
Lots of storage space.

Fiamma Carrybike fitted to rear door (will carry two Bikes)

Fiamma F4i, 3m Awning with 3 sided ‘Zip’ Privacy room (equivalent to a 3m x 2.5m tent)

Garmin™ Low Profile Remote Antenna mounted on roof (suitable for any Garmin GPS with MCX connector)

Parts replaced since conversion:
Front and Rear Propshafts; Front Diff Oil Seal and Pinion Bearings (despite which it still has the 101 transmission growl on overrun! )

Transfer Box - Rear Oil seal

New Speedo Cable
Brake and Clutch Reservoirs

Stainless Steel Fuel tank and associated hoses (Bespoke item via the club 2011)

Diesel Lift pump
Brake Servo - defender conversion and Brake Master Cylinder Conversion (also from the club).

70Ah Lucas Battery (April 2012)

I am looking for offers around £9500 for the truck, but I'm open to sensible offers if you view the vehicle.

Please text me on 07932 803 289 or email kris.wright70@gmail.com

Honest note: I have had a bit of a problem with the High/Low jumping out of High, I've been told this is to do with bad selector cable routing, I have a stop fitted to keep the vehicle permanently in High.  There is nothing wrong with the transfer box but the next owner may/will need to look at the selector routing.

http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/climb8b/media/101%20Ambulance/IMG_1228_zps7d3132f0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: 101 Ambulance - camper conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:59:19 PM »
Good luck, it looks superb. Envy is dreadful...

:D
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

kayakkris

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
I am out of the country from the 1st to the 12th of April, i will have limited access to email for enquiries.
I will not be able to respond to texts during this time.

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
Gaaah! It's all about timing ...and the timing is just out or I'd be round like a shot.

A magnificent vehicle.

Very curious indeed to know what mpg you get with the 300tdi.

All the best with the sale, Kathy

kayakkris

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
wildwoodflower,

If you want to know then i guess others would want to know too...

I get about 20-22 miles per gallon without the overdrive engaged this goes up to around 23-25mpg with the overdrive engaged on a motorway run.  Of course thats at consistent revs and a speed of around 55-60mph.

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »
That's really not bad at all, considering that it is essentially a very large breeze block on wheels. Far, far better than the V8.
My 109SW, with a 300tdi, averages 33mpg loaded, but without a roof rack.

kayakkris

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Bumpity bump !  Sorry, I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks and there's been quite a few timewasters too.

This unique vehicle with all extensive work completed is still for sale, serious offers considered.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
I would love this, have had many nights sleep in the RAF soft top version, brings back memorys of a fold away table in the back with a matress on top. Best of luck with your sale.
She said at my age I need something else to play with

kayakkris

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »
Does anyone know of any other forum i can put this on as i do need to sell it soon.

Otherwise its going up on Ebay very soon  :-\

lurch032003

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »
I would try any land rover forum possible such as series 2 etc as mist have a for sale section just provide it with all the info you can and pictures as they go along way to help see its condition especially if you get interest from far afield
Wish you luck as if I had the monies I would jump at it
Cheers

aqms987

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »
 Hi

I would suggest you try the 101 club web site, they have a sales/wanted section. I would think there would be someone there who would give their right arm for it.

oldsavoury

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
Hi, Im the guy with the series 1 in Albion Road, try an advert here too, good luck:
http://www.lrcc.org.uk/

kayakkris

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 03:06:42 PM »
I have now secured another deposit.

Sold subject to full payment and collection over the next few days.