Wanted: Twin SU's from Rover V8 auto

· 4 · 599

Greigboy

Wanted: Twin SU's from Rover V8 auto
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:31:35 PM »
Folks, I recently bought a serpentine 3.9 V8 disco auto as a donor for my 3.5 manual defender, the plan was to fit the engine and box from the disco with the Hotwire EFI and LPG from the disco, but I've changed my mind and want to keep it on carbs but I need the linkages from an automatic Rover V8  for the kick down for the auto box.

I really only need the linkages but I'd take a complete manifold and carbs, I'm not bothered if the carbs are gubbed or have been lying about for years as my current ones are good and they will need re jetted / needled anyway.

There a few sets on eBay but their all for manuals

Cheers
1986 Land Rover 90 CSW V8

rangerovering

Re: Wanted: Twin SU's from Rover V8 auto
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »
Can't help with carbs unfortunately, main question though why not use 14CUX? It's extremely simple and got better fuel consumption than carbs, plus there is free diagnostic software for your PC which just needs a simple £20 cable made. 
Steve

Greigboy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
Can't help with carbs unfortunately, main question though why not use 14CUX? It's extremely simple and got better fuel consumption than carbs, plus there is free diagnostic software for your PC which just needs a simple £20 cable made.

If it was primarily a road car I'd keep the injection system, but I want my 90 to stay on carbs as I'm building it as a pay and play / Green road toy, and although a bit less efficient, carbs are a lot simpler and easier to maintain and eliminate electrical component failures or issues from water.

Ideally I'd have a weber 500 but their a fortune, and the Holley 4 barrel is mince off road, so the SU's are a happy medium, and I'm happy with the way they perform on my 3.5

Carbs are also a little easier on the eye that the spaghetti junction of an injected motor

Greigboy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 09:36:07 PM »
Bump, still looking

Cheers