Introduction

· 3 · 1161

Retroanaconda

• Retroanaconda.com
Introduction
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:40:05 PM »
Hi all. Thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm James, originally from Sussex, now living north of the border in Dumfriesshire after moving up to Scotland at the end of last summer for work (forestry). After living in Wigtownshire for a while I've recently moved and now hopefully settled for a reasonable period of time here.

Land Rover wise I've been involved in them for about 5 years or so. I drive a (fairly) standard 1992 90 as my everyday car and currently have two other Land Rovers - a 1993 110 CSW which is very much in bits mid-way through a rebuild and a 1972 88" which I rebuilt in 2010. Both these others are still down in Sussex but I'm in the process of finding somewhere to store them up here so I can have them rejoin me and pick up where I left off! Been active on various internet forums for that time period, so perhaps I'll recognise a few usernames on here.

In the earlier days of my ownership I used to attend pay-and-play days fair regularly but sort of lost interest in that after a while and now I'm more just into greenlaning and light off-road driving. Used to do quite a lot of events with a club down in Sussex so would get my off-road kicks driving round sites in an organisational capacity watching other people break their cars - a far better way of doing it! I also did a lot of driving off-road through work when I was employed on a private estate in Sussex but don't get out for work in my Defender any more up here unfortunately.

I'll be joining up to the club soon enough and looking forward to possibly getting to some events. Are there any in the South of Scotland or do they tend to be further North? Since moving here I've got used to the general rule that everything is far away, but it's always good to find something local!

I know most of these forums encourage a photo on a thread like this so here's a snap of my 90 from this afternoon:

James

rover51

• rover51
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Welcome to the Forum
Nice motor :)
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

lurch032003

Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »