Saggy Disco 2 :(

· 8 · 1448

bertracoon1616

Saggy Disco 2 :(
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
Hi guys

My mums TD5 Disco seems to have contracted chronic "leaky bag syndrome" in the drivers side rear air bag. Nothing unusual i know but here's the catch. It only sags intermittently. Some days you come down in the mroning and its basically sitting on the arch and the next it will be sitting absolutely fine. Was thinking i would try replacing the bag but im not convinced its the problem now. It drives fine once its had a minute to pump itself back up. Anybody ever had somthing like this before? Is it worth trying to sort it or should i just say sod it and give it a good set of shocks and springs as the good landy god intended?

Many thanks

Ally
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
Re: Saggy Disco 2 :(
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
could be the hight sensor playing up
use a sqeezy bottle with faiy liqiud in it and spray the bags lookin for leaks same for pipework
if your ever near falkirk i can use hawkeye diagnostics on it for u foc

stage recovery

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »
Sometimes the leak in the airbag can be exposed so it can deflate(presume a very small hole!) overnight, later on the leak may be trapped in a fold and so effectively sealed up,suggest setting to highest level then spray with gas leak detector fluid.

haggis

• Eboatyard marine classified ads
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
swap the bags if it really annoys you

mine does it quite often on both sides at once but i quickly regains its height.

There isnt much to go wrong with them and a new pair of bags is around £150

You also are not supposed to have shocks and springs on a disco 2 if its a 7 seater for some reason. Think its an mot or vosa thing.

Loads of info on the d2 boys club if you need some more help
www.Eboatyard.co.uk          Free marine classifieds

boghog

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:57:08 PM »
I had a similar situation last year and had convinced myself it wasn't the air bag as you could never catch it in the act of leaking. It only happened now and again and seemed to depend on how you had parked the vehicle. One day it was persisting down with rain and I heard the leak and saw the bubbles with all the moisture. Rust on the air bag seat had gradually worn a pin-hole in the bag but as stage recovery suggested, the fold in the air-bag often sealed the leak until you happened to park with that wheel in a dip. Suspension would automatically level and inflate the bag and straighten the fold then it would leak. Change the bag, it is very easy and not that expensive.

Calum.

bertracoon1616

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »
Cheers for the info guys, really helpful.

Its actually a 2 seater van model so there shouldnt be any issue with MOT's or anything if i put shocks on it if that is true.

Ill have a good look at it in a couple of weeks time, jut in the middle of my final exams at the moment so havent got much time for anything.

Cheers again

Ally
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!

Alan Mc

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
Ally.  I converted my D2 to coils a few months back at which time, removed perfectly operating air bags.  You're welcome to these if you want them.  If it turns out to be a compressor problem and you needto replace, I'm about to post mine for sale so make me an offer if needs be.

Based in Dunfermline.  Alan.

bertracoon1616

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
Hi Alan

Sorry i missed that offer but new ones have been purchased and ill be fitting them next week. First time replacing airbags so might be interesting.

Cheers
1995 Discovery 3.9 V8

Give it the beans!!