Hello There!

· 17 · 3004

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
Re: Hello There!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
Tommy, the chassis is the place to start looking, the bodywork is not important in the slightest, its aluminum alloy and easily patched/filled or replaced by bolting on a replacement panel. When you say a small hole below the windscreen do you mean in the bulkhead ? If so I'm afraid you may find you've got a bigger problem than you think, by the time a hole appears the bulkhead is often pretty far gone. Let me guess its in one corner an inch or so below the windscreen....and the other side is bubbling/has rust stains  ?

Pics ?

Hi there and thanks for the info I will post up some pics the next time i get a chance in sun light, from the out side nothing is visible yet or the cover up job is excellent, from inside the rust is about the size diameter of a golf ball and the hole in the centre is a couple millimetre.
Is this a big job/expensive or just get it in to the panel beaters before it leads to bigger problems?
Thanks again 

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Hello There!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:04 PM »
Get some pics up and folk will be able to give you a better idea ?  As others have said, its all fixable.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....