Preaching to the choir i know ( flood water)

· 3 · 1323

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
Preaching to the choir i know ( flood water)
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »
Its a land rover not a speedboat/hydroplane/submarine

A90 is flooded bad right now and while traveling home last night counted no fewer than three disco 2s broken down either in or just after flood water.

Was all explained to me when a 61 plate fiesta honked and flashed the convoy i was in to pull over into the standing water so he could speed off...

Then his lights just disapeared. As we got closer he had hit wheel deep water at 60 or 70 mph and hydrolocked his engine no doubt.

Why wont people learn? If in doubt check it out and speed is not your friend when it comes to water low speed high revs

According to local police road is closed today due to standing water and abandoned cars !
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

101splat

Re: Preaching to the choir i know ( flood water)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
yep ill second that theres alot of people out there that charge into deep water that have no idear how deep it is but the worst i have encounterd was a twat blasting thu a deep puddle i was thinking about trying in my volvo he sent a huge wave towards me i had second dowts after that and turned around to find him round next corner few yards down road he had killed his brand new mondeo  ;D it was bad taste but laughed my head aff at him
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

aqms987

Re: Preaching to the choir i know ( flood water)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
 I believe the worst offenders are large trucks which blast thru throwing a wave over the cautious motorist coming the other way giving very little chance to avoid drowning the engine at best!