Newbie From North Ayrshire

· 9 · 1834

Hagg1s

• Name: Andy Hadaway
Newbie From North Ayrshire
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Greetings everyone. I am new to the forum but not new to Land Rovers. I used to trial in Yorkshire with The Pennine Land Rover Club and Northern Counties off Road and Trials Club.
My wife Suzi used to join in the fun as well and had her own motor. However we gave up when we moved up to Kilwinning. Now we have a fully equipped engineering and Fabrication workshop and we would like to take up the sport once again. All we need now is a donor vehicle to make into a trials car and we are up and competing. I bet the rules on building are a little different to the clubs we trialed with as they were not ARC clubs.
Next step would be to join the club.

Catch you all later and have fun
King of the unfinished project

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
Re: Newbie From North Ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »
hello and welcome  ;D
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

Alan Mc

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Welcome.  If you're looking for a project, get yourself along to a Trial, etc. and pick up on the chat.  There's usually some news of someone selling something.  Look forward to meeting you at some point.  Alan.

shaney_87

• Name: Brian Mcshane
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »
Welcome along , I'm also new here , from just up the road in largs , currently welding up my disco , do u sell sheet metel ect from your work shop ? I get my materials online but its a bit of pain for deliveries n what not , and don't know of any local suppliers. Cheers Brian

Hagg1s

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 06:34:20 AM »
Welcome along , I'm also new here , from just up the road in largs , currently welding up my disco , do u sell sheet metel ect from your work shop ? I get my materials online but its a bit of pain for deliveries n what not , and don't know of any local suppliers. Cheers Brian
hya mate. I have a few offcuts of steel sheet here. Pop in n see me n we will see what we can do.
PM'ed you my number.

Cheers for the welcome folks

BigPaul

• Name: BigP
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
Hi Andy.  Like you I used to take part in trials years ago (Ae4x4).  I even stay in Kilwinning  :o. Hope the natives made you feel welcome ::).  Hoping to become paid up member soon too.

hunter

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »
Hi Haggis thought we might have seen you at the wkend it was a good one there is one left in the year not sure where it is but worth a look such a good laugh :)

Hagg1s

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 04:16:59 AM »
We are planning to be at the next one but its the day after a fishing trip we have booked for the Sat. I am hoping that we get there in time for the start but be will just have to wait and see.

On another note Anyone fancy a days fishing on Loch Etive on Sat 1st Dec? Fishing off Laura Dawn 2

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
 :) :) welcome to the land that gives running repairs a whole new meaning, the next Tyro, according to the calendar is on 1st Dec with an RTV on Sunday the 2nd but there is a GRR on the 18th Nov.....    Cheers Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!