Wanted- Series 3 Wiring Loom

· 6 · 796

JimboH

• Name: Jimbo
Wanted- Series 3 Wiring Loom
« on: October 27, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
Hello All
I have just bought a 1982 series 3 Short wheel Base Landie. It's in a thousand bits at the moment and I plan to rebuild it. - I bought it in this state. It came with a new chassis plus running gear so is definitely worth Doing a good job on. Does anyone either have one for sale or know where I can purchase a complete wiring loom for it please. The one that came with the vehicle is gubbed!
Many thanks
Jim

philbert

Re: Wanted- Series 3 Wiring Loom
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
These chaps will have what you want -

http://www.autosparks.co.uk/

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
But speak to gene (genem) on here first as he fitted one a couple of months ago
She said at my age I need something else to play with

JimboH

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
Many thanks for your help chaps.
Much appreciated!

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »
As above, I fitted an Autosparks loom to a 2A lightweight a few months back. Its well made but I had a few issues, which, to be fair, may be because the vehicle was not standard, it was a 24v converted to 12v. That said I explained what it was and they had a "mod" on the shelf... The "mod" turned out to be missing a vital wire, the wiper motor connections were were shorter than required and a lot of the ends were wrong - bullets where rings were required etc. Thereafter it was a case of trying to work out what was what from wiring diagrams off tinternet.

So. On arrival expect a well made loom but with NO installation paperwork, no diagrams, no list of what is what. Yes, it sticks to the "Lucas" colour scheme but as a novice vehicle sparks I had a couple of weeks of head-scratching. All would be solved if they'd just label the ends or at least provide some sensible diagram/colour code list.

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

JimboH

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
Many thanks everyone - in particular genem,  for your help,  much appreciated.
I'll probably go for the autosparks wiring loom. I've also seen coloured wiring diagrams on eBay. It sounds as if this might be a good investment!
Cheers
Jim