Defender 90 pick up into an estate

· 6 · 1160

Stoddy

Defender 90 pick up into an estate
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
In the next month or so we'll be converting our pick up into and estate.  My question is around what to use between the tub to estate sides and between the sides and the roof? 

I'm assuming there is a rubber seal between both sections.  Does anybody know the part numbers or the profile/shape of the rubber seal.

Thanks

Alan S

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
Re: Defender 90 pick up into an estate
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
You will need :
roof left & right seal
Rear door seal ALR4929
Bottom Rear door seal ALR4770
Tub Left & Right seal
And maybe seal ontop of the windscreen.

Have a look at paddocks, body & panels, Rear  section.  I think. I seem to recall seals are about the most expensive bit on a landy. :o
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

StephenO

• Name: Stephen O'#039#039Rourke
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »
Cool, I'll watch his thread with interest. Could you maybe take some photos of the process and post them here?

I'm thinking of doing this over the winter. If you haven't bought your sides already you may be lucky and get seals with them. You will also require all the brackets to fix the sides to the tub, I contacted LR for a price and for the whole kit it's about £100, I can email you the list of parts if you need it.

Stephen
2007 Defender Puma Tonga Green
2016 RR Sport Autobiography Corris Grey
2005 Discovery 3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 Coniston Green
1968 Series 2A Bronze Green - Project

dave

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
I may be on the lookout for a good straight truck cab if either of yours become available? Prefer Arles blue but not too fussed as can be painted to suit.

Stoddy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  Stephen if you have a list that would be useful.  I'll drop you a PM with my email address.  I'll compare Paddock's with LR and see what the difference is in price.  My problem to date has been trying to identify exactly what I need.  Websites I've looked at seem awash with door seals and the windscreen seal but not much else.

The panels I got had a seal for the windscreen only but as they were of a mid 80's vehicle I'm thinking it would be a good idea to fit new ones.  Hadn't thought of posting pictures but yes I'll give that a go. 

Dave likely to be mid to the end of october when we make the swap as we are preparing the replacement tub we have.  Cab sides are coniston green and straight the roof is white but has some dents.  If that timescale suites and your interested, make me an offer.

Alan S.

Flying scotsman

• Name: Graeme kirkwood
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
There must be a few of us with same idea as I am going looking at fitting, the roof and sides ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln