FS 2005 Manual Discovery 3 S - must go by Friday

· 2 · 876

Dave T

FS 2005 Manual Discovery 3 S - must go by Friday
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
For sale my 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual, 7 seats, for sale as I have just discovered I can afford a shiny new D4! It is Maya Gold with a charcoal cloth interior and mileage, just coming up to 104,000 miles, the 7 year service (Cambelts) has been completed by Parks of Ayr in January of this year. Good condition throughout, no car park dents, no rips, tears or holes in any of the seats. Tax and MOT until March 21st 2013, well inside the low tax band, £270 with 1 previous owner, I have had it since 20K miles.

This car also has been remapped by Strathearn Engineering with an Autologic remap which takes the power from 191 bhp to 240 bhp and torque from 350lb/ft to 402lb/ft and actually makes it the car it should always have been.
http://www.autologic-diagnostics.com/media/uploads/pdfs/brochures/LR_Performance_Tunes_Graphs_Flyer_EN05w.pdf

Usual S spec including:

Bi -Xenon Headlamps
Cruise Control
6CD audio system
Heated front screen (cold climate pack)
Heated Front Seats
Heated Rear Seats (outer 2 of row 2)
Full size spare wheel
Roof Rails
Mudflaps
Fixed Towbar and single electrics, however note that this was primarily for fitting a cycle rack, it has only been used for towing a small trailer with a defender chassis, not for any heavy or prolonged towing of a caravan.

Recent major work completed:

Both sides Rear Upper Arms replaced at 89K miles (Nov 2011)
New Suspension Compressor May 2012
New clutch, flywheel and release bearing at 84K miles June 2011
Brake pipes replaced June 2011
Replacement Fuel Tank - from Disco Duncs car due to faulty sender unit (Sept 2012)
Tail Gate release cable replaced with genuine article (2011)
New Bosch battery (July 2012)

The car has a full main dealer service history, however, the engine was replaced at 84000 miles with an engine from a 54 plate car (Jan 05), unfortunately I cannot prove the history of this engine but this is what I do know of it:

Donor car was a cat C write off in Nov 2010, previous registrations were SX 54 AXR and J90RDM and mileage at Apr 2007 was 29,000. It had been serviced at 12,800 miles in Jan 06. I was informed by the selling scrappie that the mileage was 65,000 and that it had a full service history but I cannot prove that. The mileage stated for the car  is the mileage showing on the clock which I believe is the highest, it was showing around 80K when the engine was replaced.

Additional mods carried out:

4 x Wheels powder coated Anthracite, with Pirelli ATRs fitted around 7K miles ago, I also have a loose ATR which would be useful in case of damage to any other tyre, included in the price.
RR Sport grill mod, I also have a standard Maya Gold grill which is included in the price.
K&N Air Filter
Puddle lights.
Sump guard – black.
Front Indicators "de oranged".
Clear side repeater indicators.
Front side lights LEDs from HIDS4U.
Boot lamp replaced with LED panel from HIDS4U.
Aux connector hard wired connection available in dash.
Black supercharged badges front and back.
2008 dash software - clock on dash.
Auto lock on drive away.
EPB auto release.

The bad bits:

The rear PDC continuous tone, Faulty sensor replaced, still tone so is either the loom (£28+vat) or the module (£78+vat)
The rear loadspace cover bracket is broken, it will still cover the loadspace but is not totally secure.

[size=18]I know what I have been offered as a trade in so I believe I am looking at a realistic price of £9 750 or near offer, if not try an offer, this is only available for the next couple of weeks otherwise it will go to the dealer as a trade in.

If you want any more info or photos please ask.[/size]

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:15:51 PM by Dave T »
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Dave T

Re: FS 2005 Manual Discovery 3 S - must go by Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
Now reduced to £8750 for quick sale
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite