Series 2 and 2a

· 1 · 562

DRH

Series 2 and 2a
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Testing the water here

Due to losing inside storage, I'm contemplating selling two projects I've had sitting for a while.  I'm testing the water here before I move them into a yard with outside storage.  I think I'd rather see someone doing something with them rather than sitting outside until I can get round to them.

1958 Series 2 109 truck cab.  Needs light/medium restoration
Known problems -
n/f chassis at front spring mounting needs welding. 
Small plate required at gearbox crossmember
Footwells need repaired (supplied)
All spings need replaced - (supplied)
Starts, stops and drives

Been dry stored since 1985, but starts, stops and drives and is pretty straight and undamaged.  Still on original plate. If I was to keep one of the pair, this would be it.   Not pushing this one too hard unless to goes for the right sort of money
£800 ono 

1961 Series 2a 88" van with side windows
Rough old dog, but has a reasonably solid chassis and is complete.  Would make a realistic project for someone.

Good bits
Has four good eight spokes with good AT tyres
Lots of original bits like wire spoked steering wheel, ignition switch, dash panel etc
reasonable front seats
front doors etc good (back has a bash in it but solid enough to warrant plating over it)

Bad bits;
Start and drives, but I understand the box is rough. 
Doesn't stop at all as the pedal is seized - will supply a pedal assembly
Footwells need welded
Got series 3 front, but its bulkhead is 2a
Reg number has already been transferred

Offers in the region of £575

Depending on whether or not there's any interest in this one - I may break it eventually

Series 3 bulkhead in need of footwells and a bit of welding to the lower end of the a pillars.  £75 ono or goes in the scrap along with the Disco I'm breaking

Loads of other series spares - just ask