Stolen Horse box

· 11 · 2442

mike66

• Name: Mike Wheeler
Stolen Horse box
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
Hi, bit of along shot, but some thieving so and so has nicked my mates horse box. All the details I have are bellow if I get any more I'll post them.

Its a blue 505 Ifor Williams horse trailer, which was stolen last night (2-07-12) from a locked yard at Bouprie Farm, Aberdour, Fife.

Any info would be much appreciated.

whistler007

Re: Stolen Horse box
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »
Do you have the chassis number and any marks on it that would be easily seen?

mike66

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »
I wouldn't hold my breath on a chassis no. but hopefully get a better discription and maybe a picture.

piper5

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
theres been lots of thieving round about here lately i live a mile away from that farm, as you can imagine theres a fleet of transit tippers in the area at the minute.
probably long gone but the industrial estate at dalgety bay might be worth a drive round.

mike66

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
I've just been told its got Swillington Horse Trailer stickers on the back ramp and the front of the trailer, but as we all now stickers can be easily removed.......... apart from when there attached to anything I buy!!

But I fear your probably right, about it being long gone. I'll pass on about Dalgety Bay.

Cheers Mike

mike66

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »
Got some more info

Serial number 20356301. The trailer has Swillington Horse Trailers stickers on back ramp and on the front of trailer. Inside, the bottom kick flap from the partition is missing. Trailer has a white dotted scratch on jockey (side) door- half moon shape.

Hopefully I've managed to attach a picture of it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
Small world - Its also on Facebook, saw it reported via friends elsewhere !

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

georgew

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »
Tonight on the Grampian or STV news from the Aberdeen reporter, they had the Story of the Travellers that moved onto the Aberdeen Conference centre.

I was busy looking at the very new White Convertable Saab (i think it is) & the very new looking White Disco 4 (i think it is) that has appeared in the last few news stories from them being in Fife & Stonehaven etc.

Then there was the Horsebox sitting quite clear but too quick for me to see properly.
first thought was, na cant be.

Looking at the picture posted here, now thinking, could it have been.

Maybe worth a look at IPlayer or something from the 6pm news tonight.

george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

mike66

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
Cheers George,

I've passed that on, I suspect horse boxes like this are fairly common. Bit like you say you never know.

Mike

piper5

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
pikeys have been at my caravan today in dalgety bay when i was out, the wife reported it to the local police who were their usual interested selves.
but for info guy was about 20ish irish accent bleached hair driving a red transit panel van

mike66

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that, a few years back I had a similar problem. I had the water pump nicked of my caravan. They were caught on camera at the storage sight taking it off. The coppers effectively said they turn a blind eye (for want of a better description) to this kind of petty theft, as its nigh on imposable to track them down especially if they were travellers!!! They gave me a crime ref no and told me to speak to my insurers!!!!

I understand there point to a degree, but its not really the right attitude!