PROJECT - 91 Defender 90 200Tdi Galvanised Chasis & Bulkhead ** PICS **

· 7 · 3024

tays99

1991 J Land Rover 90.

200tdi engine from new.  Replacement galvanised bulkhead and chasis fitted.

I have only owned this since April last year, but in that time it has been completely reliable.

In my ownership, I have replaced the back screen with a brand new item and changed the oil and air filter.

My plan was to keep it in it's rat like look until the winter had passed before having it resprayed.  At the moment it is a mixture of flat silver, blue and even a bit of green.

It has a 2" lift, with pro comp shocks and correction arms.  It has 16" modular wheels with BFG all terrain tyres.  There's a snorkel fitted, which is plumbed in correctly.  There is a CB fitted along with the usual CD Radio player in a raptor dashboard console. The passenger side window is even electric!  There are various other extras such as under body and axle guards.  Uprated aluminium Alisport intercooler fitted.  Removable aluminium Ifor Williams rear load cover in excellent condition also included, but not pictured.

Now for the bad news...

4th gear was getting harder and harder to select and is now nearly impossible to engage.  I haven't had time to look at this so can only guess as to the cause.

The Landie went in for an MOT a couple of weeks ago and failed.  I will look up and list the items it failed on, but it was all pretty simple DIY stuff.  From memory it was headlight output, rear n/s wheel bearing, twisted front brake pipe and a rear brake advisory.

I have since SORN's it with the plan of fixing it up once my garage is finished being built, but time pressures at the moment mean it's up for sale.  I think it's worth a couple of grand as is, so will advertise it here for a week and if there are no takers it will go on Ebay with no reserve.  I would prefer to sell it on here to an enthusiast who knows what they're getting.

I do not know when the chasis or bulkhead were fitted.  There are no receipts with the Land Rover, only a few old MOT's.

It has been perfectly reliable in the time I've owned it, but I can give no guarantee with it.

There is white smoke on initial start up, but this clears once driven.

The driver's side window could do with the fillers replacing.  The window is sealed when in the up position, but feels loose when wound down.  The window winding handle is missing, but there is an adaptor to use.  I'm guessing this is connected with an electric window conversion it had in times gone by.

The panel gaps between the rear tub and doors could do with adjustment.  I was leaving this until I took it apart for re-painting in the spring.

Anyhow, Land Rover is in Kirriemuir postcode DD8 4BH. Selling price is 2000.

Any questions please pm me.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:57:44 AM by tays99 »

andyshoose

Re: PROJECT - 91 Defender 90 200Tdi Galvanised Chasis & Bulkhead
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
pm sent

tays99

Re: PROJECT - 91 Defender 90 200Tdi Galvanised Chasis & Bulkhead
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
Sorry for delay in replaying to PM's, called away with work and only now home with access to pics.

DSC_0020 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0019 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0018 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0016 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0013 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0012 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0011 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0010 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by sandyurq2, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by sandyurq2, on Flickr