Freelander 1.8ES 3 Amigos

· 6 · 2688

gary1968

Freelander 1.8ES 3 Amigos
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:10:37 AM »
Well, I have had a little over a years trouble free motoring with my little hippo...... now she has a wee problem. The 3 yellow warning lights have come on, TC, ABS & HDC....
Any good way to be testing parts, without actually replacing.... (dont have a lot of spare cash to be throwing at it replacing parts willy nilly, lol)
Any / every suggestion welcome to help fix this problem.... inc. a good LR shop in central Scotland that will be able to read the ECU to help shed some light on it.

Cheers,
Gaz

The Classic Man

• Name: Robin Watt
Re: Freelander 1.8ES 3 Amigos
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
E&S alternators of Kirkintilloch they have Land Rover test equipment. Much cheaper than LR dealers.
The Classic Man
Heros & RNLI member

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
better taking it to bobby at gemm he knows them inside out

gary1968

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
Cheers, I am gonna replace the brake light switch as most folk seem to think it is the 'most likely' suspect, and its only about £8 so wont break the bank. Failing that, I'll give Gemm a call and get it looked at there.

Gary

gary1968

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
Well, I have a brake light switch waiting at the posty to be collected, will get that tomorow and try it. It is not the HDC swich as I have changed that for a known good one, I assume the HDC wires are OK as I am getting 12V there......

I hope its not the ABS pump as thats a pricey little blighter...... to buy and no doubt to fit, I dont have the time to be fitting that and having to bleed all the brakes.

Keep you posted guys.

Gaz

gary1968

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
Wasn't the brake light switch. So, a friend of a friend has a computer to read the ecu. His diagnosis was the front nearside abs sensor 'no reading'.
Back onto e-bay and bought said sensor, fitted it tonight and after driving for 50yds or so the lights went out.... abs working, hdc working so am a happy man.....  ;D
The old one was a complete bar steward to get out, 2 hours later it was out, 15mins later and the new one fitted.
Thanks to all who offered advice.

Gaz