Coolant Flood 200 TDi Auto

· 4 · 1192

jalmassi

Coolant Flood 200 TDi Auto
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:48:01 AM »
Just had the 200TDi out of my RRC to change the rear crankshaft oil seal and when starting her back up there is a ridiculous amount of coolant water being pumped out. What has stumped me is that it is flowing (or seems to be) from the bell housing to gearbox join..!!!!! (auto box) and I mean flowing. The Auotbox fluid is clean, the engine oil is clean, no water coming from the head gasket (changed 10 miles ago..!!). All I can think about is a cracked block but there is also no water from the wading drain in the bell housing.

Has anybody had this happen to them ? I am at a loss and need to have a long sit down before pulling the engine out again. Thanks in advance and I hope it doesn't happen to you..!!!!!!

Fergus

kevin18050

Re: Coolant Flood 200 TDi Auto
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
hi mate hate to say it but could easily be a core plug in behind the ring gear hope i'm wrong cause the box or block would have to come out  ???

The Classic Man

• Name: Robin Watt
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
I agree with Kevin.
The Classic Man
Heros & RNLI member

jalmassi

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:55 PM »
Thanks lads, appreciated. I bit my lip, stuck a mirror behind the block and there was no water from the welch plug. In fact all the water was coming out of the top bell housing/block bolt hole..!!!! The one I had not used due to the difficulty of access. After putting the bolt in no problems with leaks. I wouldn't have believed it unless I'd seen it. Must be a strange quirk with my 200 or perhaps everyone else bolts the bell housing back up with all the bolts. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I'm just so relieved I don't have to pull the engine out again.

Fergus