Disco 300tdi gearbox?

· 4 · 1470

therealmcneill

Disco 300tdi gearbox?
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Hi

The gear stick in my discovery has started to fall to the left and I was wondering if that's a really bad sign?  Basically when in neutral the lever sits between 1st and 2nd rather than 3rd and 4th and it pulls to the left when you're changing gear.

Doesn't crunch and still goes into gear fine.

Just a bit worried as there are a few other things wrong and don't want to spend money on a losing battle.

Cheers

Gav

sardass

• Mountain Rescue Search Dogs
Re: Disco 300tdi gearbox?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
Got the same problem with mine still drives fine, would be nice to see if anything wrong with it
Paul Martin
www.sarda.org.uk
Disco 300TDI

kenny

• Name: kenny grier
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »
There are two springs on top of the box where the lever goes in, these keep the lever between third and forth.
Sounds like one has gone, very easy to fix but a pain to do as there is so much to remove to get to it.
2003 discovery TD5 GS

Nanocom evo

therealmcneill

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
There are two springs on top of the box where the lever goes in, these keep the lever between third and forth.
Sounds like one has gone, very easy to fix but a pain to do as there is so much to remove to get to it.

Ah, I was actually thinking earlier it might be something like that!  That's great, thanks.  I think I'll just leave it then.

Cheers